Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Custom Intake/Plenum for 931

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussie931  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Anyone ever done a revised intake/plenum for the 924/931 at all? As I am fitting a 944 Turbo intercooler under nose panel I would like the throttle body facing towards front of car - as per GTS/GTR had.

I would like to either get a complete custom unit made or alternatively to 'cut' an existing manifold and put a different plenum on?

If I do a full unit what are peoples thoughts on runner length and plenum size - I have read that at least 7 inches is required (for a road car to get good torque figures), the shots I have seen of the GTS doesnt look like the runners are that long??

Anyone ever come across any custom intakes from any other shops overseas - I know EMSPORT have something but like$1800.00USD or something is a bit steep when I have to convert to AUD and get it sent down here - Im certain I can get a custom job made down here for far less than that.

Any thoughts on design/concerns etc welcome, or if anyone has done a similar thing let me know.

If anyone else interested in something like this if I go ahead with a custom job - would cut the costs if there were a few being done.

Im not in the industry and dont have any real contacts so if anyone else out there has the ability to do this type of stuff reasonably priced please Email me.

Thanks,
Peter Higgs
1980 931 (RHD GTS replica project)
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pete, what happened Sunday?

Give Mick's Metalcraft in Villawood a call on (02) 9755 7137. I talked to them a year or so back about building a full custom intake to convert to EFI (plenum, runners, fuel rail etc) and their estimate was $1,000.

If you just want to replace the plenum with a custom it should be a lot cheaper especially if you plan to use a "standard" throttle body from a falcon or commodore. Wouldn't be surprised if they have a stock of all the bits just waiting to be TIGed together.

If you need a 931 head to clamp the runners while the work is being done, give me a call
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: