Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Euro 931, hey Vince P!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris924  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all! I posted on the General board about going to look at a 1979 Euro 924 Turbo. It looks just like this:
http://www.924.org/register/registrypics/79Ponz931.jpg
I have gathered a few 931-specific buying tips:
1. Under full throttle, look for white smoke
2. The turbo has about 70K in between rebuilds
3. The turbo should be on boost by 2300 RPM
I'm going to look at the car Tuesday and would like to be informed about what to ask.
Vince Ponz: your car in the same as the one I'm going to look at, what quirks have you noticed about your euro 931, any hardships with parts?
Thanks,
Chris
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for quirks I have not found any except a slight stumble at idle. Other than that nothing that any other 924 doesn't have. You will find a bad speedo, fuel pump in tank, grounds to be changed, no shifting into first if you are rolling, Looooooong throw to second gear, rusted and replaceable front right A arm, rust in the gas tank and no working gas gauge.
Where are you located. How much for the car?
If I can help email me and we talk on the phone.

Chris924  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to see the car running but I did get a little more information. One thing I noticed on the 1979 registry it says "Is Vince's 79 Euro 931 the oldest Turbo in the USA?" this is now answered: NO.
The 924 Turbo I looked at today has the VIN 9249401071, Vince's VIN is: 9249401715

BTW owner wants $3500 for it in Colorado
Chris
ericj001  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince?? Have you been DeThrowned??? *gasp* dont worry Vince, the "other" early 931 would have to really be something ..I doubt its nicer than yours
for a side by side comparason, US vs Euro,take a look at the pics Vince took of our cars..
http://members.rennlist.com/924guy click the button at the top of the page...
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay mine may not be the oldest. But I am the oldest owner of a 931 Euro. I forgot to mention that I am the best looking owner also.
Well, lets just say that I am the oldest owner of a Euro 931 on this list. The only list that counts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: