Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

how much for '88 924S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yOnKiNaToR  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...how much could i get out of my '88 924S? it has 103,000 miles on it, soon to have brand new water pump, timing belt, and balance shaft belt. I also just put in a new master cylinder. it has a few chips in the front and a small crack on the rear side marker lens circle thing but other than the that, the paint is perfect. i also heard that it's the "sport" version b/c it doesn't have power anything or a right mirror. pretty nice tires with 15 cookie cutters. also, i live in a spot where we don't have a lot of Porsches...any estimates are appreciated it.
924_fan  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the same car that you were looking to buy (or bought)at the end of August for $4500?
dwak  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to http://listings.ebaymotors.com/aw/listings/list/all/category6858/index.html
and that will give you a good idea.
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What color is it? 5spd I assume?
The 924S seems to have a range of 2-4K.... depends on condition, region and color.
Red and black seem to command less.... this is just an observation though. The more rare colors like Almond Metalic (gold) and such seem to go for a bit more.

Put it up on Ebay with a reserve... then if you do not get what you want.... it will not sell.

Eric
yOnKiNaToR  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it's not the same car...it's an '88 924S 5-speed, black, and it has no power options and no right mirror so somebody said it could me some kind of "sport edition" only made in 1988. i got it for $3000 and thought it was a quite good deal. but i'm not experienced with Porsches so i wouldn't really know..also, it has near new stock front and rear shocks/struts with good conditioned wheels and tires.
i wanted a 951 for more power, but i live in a hicktown and this is the only porsche in the town that is a 924. I can't afford many 951's but if i some how can manage to pay off the car, manage to see lit higher than what i paid for it, and put in a little extra, i could get a decent 951. i was thinking of just modifying my 924S since it has 163 hp stock, but i'm not sure if i should.
MAS  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno... right now the 924S has to be the most undervalued Porsche of all time. It's amazing how many guys will opt for a 944 at a high price, rather than go for a 924S for often 2/3rds or sometimes 1/2 the price.

All the 924S's were faster than the regular 944's... sure they were a bit cheaper when new, but they are essentially the same car.

The 88 924S is the rarest and most desirable of the model years (and I think you may have a LeMans, which makes it even rarer). I suggest hanging onto the car... unless you get a really good price... which is unlikely in the 924S market right now.

However, these cars are Porsches, and the market may probably change in a few years

-MAS
yOnKiNaToR  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i'd like to modify the car, but if i do, it will most likely be less desirable. and if i wait to long, it will accumulate a lot of miles and i assume nobody will want the car if it has high mileage on it then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: