Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Supercharging a 924 (in progress)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Paxton SN 93 supercharger a week ago and welded up my manifold yesterday and today(I had Friday off of work and no school either). I have decided to go with EFI with this setup, but I haven't decided on which brand yet (and it may depend most on what I can get a better deal on, I am an Ebay feind). Take a look at the manifold so far on my web page:

http://www.alexroy.net

[ This Message was edited by: Alex Roy on 2001-11-11 14:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Alex Roy on 2002-04-25 06:42 ]
cs  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm wanting to supercharge my 924, i was going to use something along the lines of an eaton roots type, mainly because of price. did you do the manifold yourself?
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I did the manifold my self. It was my first time welding aluminum, and actually, I had a much easier time on my first time welding aluminum than I did my first time welding steal. I haven't decided on what throttle body I will be using, but I will use something from a 2.5+ liter car (I was thinking of just using one from a 86+ 944 so it has the throttle position sensor built in). I am also planning on using a blow off valve so I can keep it at a max of around 8-10 psi without having to worry about overboost etc.
cs  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have my brother make mine but we don't have access to the right type of welder. would you be willing to take on the job of making one if i go through with it. if not do you know how much a machine shop would charge to do it.
Joes924  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... looks cool Alex
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS: It took me all day (about 8 hours) on friday to get where I have it now (including welding and grinding/polishing) and I am not done yet. I would suspect that a machine shop could get it done faster, but it could easily be VERY expensive to get them to do this type of thing, but I wouldn't have an idea what they would charge.

I bought my MIG setup from Harbor Freight for about $400 total including the tank of argon (had to get that filled locally) and regulator etc for just this purpose (I also want to build a recumbant tricycle out of aluminum too).
Joes924  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to the bmx thing is this laying down or reclining trike your own design also
Zuffen  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you ever get your item

I have Way too many cars, parts for the 931,944 and 951
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: