Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 s ep

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesse wall  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: 924 s ep Reply with quote

The 88 924 s le passed tech today as maybe the first ep 924 s , she has done me proud ! It has been a joy to learn with this car . As of the moment she has stock motor with 87000 k on engine 4 yr old spark plugs which will be retired , a chip , no balance belts. and a kn air filter and a custom exhaust ala j mildege . last time on scale was 2424 with fat driver and gas of about 10 gallons . When I put msd headers and custom pipes, the car ran last weekend like a scalded dog . I have not dynoed the car since the new exhaust , but it is the most improvement ever. The engine tachs up like you can not believe. My shop mate Lawerance has made good connections with old time 944 924 people and the pipes came from the advice he gathered. The intake as well as the exhaust were done accordingly , when I pulled out of the pits last Sat for the first run , the car burried the tach in 2nd like you could not believe! People I drive a 87 each day < I put 52 heat cycles on a set of tires with this catr . let me tell you that the air is wheere it is ! Three inch all you can ! Any way it is a great feeling to get to this point , if only I could upgrade the driver so well . Oh by the way , I am still trying to get to work every day and make a living to take care of my girls , young one is 19 a soph at unc oldest is soon to be 88 ms ollie named for my race car, and of course the boss who is 50 something l, and I am still trying to drive like a girl , manly the boss who has a boxster s as her daily driver and who had a truck driver dad who taught her to drive , she can also drive an airplane, bulldozer , 2 to 4 horses to a carraige or any 4 wheel vechihle made . It takes big ovaries to drive like a girl , especially one that has to look after a family on Monday ! love 924 cars Jesse
924RACR  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! So, out this season for some wheel to wheel??
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
jesse wall  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: 2005 Reply with quote

yes will be running the March race at vir with scca , Lawerance will also have his 944 ep car with new engine so we will have a good time! Come down when you can and join us , Jesse
mikecoupegt  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any pics of the bad boy? I would like to see some of this. Keep us informed with how the season goes.
jjadczak  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jesse, sorry I missed you at VIR a few weeks ago. What a neat track! I was crewing for Ryoji and his blue 944. We absolutely love that place and were dreaming of just leaving our cars there and coming down a few days a month just to play if we got a club membership. Too far though from Philly and North New Jersey! We even stayed in the Lodge! If any of you ever get the chance to stay at the track lodge, do so! There is nothing like waking up to the sounds of really fast cars zooming by the lodge that overlooks the track. It was also nice to not have to travel so far at the end of the day to your hotel off site! VIR did right by us and we think it's the best track in the country!

Jesse, I got to meet Lawrence and he is a cool cat! I was hoping your car would be ready to run in the 44 Cup round but lawrence told me that it wasn't quite ready. Too bad as I was curious as to how it would have done with the slower 944's. I bet even though you think your slow, you could have made a competitive showing and probably run mid pack with those guys. Oh well, maybe we'll catch up again soon.

Take lots of care!
#53 Porsche 924 (sold '06)
#35 Porsche 924 (R.I.P. '06)
#141 Porsche 944 944 Cup
FLAG Motorsports
"Fast Lucky And Good"
jesse wall  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: vir Reply with quote

hey you can leave your cars at the farm I have a 200 / 80 foot steel building , for storage , used to be an indoor riding arena, stay with us . two extra rooms , 3 if daughter is away at school and only 8 miles from track , almost got ready to go scca in this weekends race , everything that could go wrong did , all stuff we ah did our southern redneck engineering on not,mr. f porsche fault, went anyway, so after getting towed to the pits during practice and also after one and a half laps of qualifing, the car positioned 3 in a field of 7 ep cars. Got the jump on two cars in start , got one more in first half lap and got too egar in hogpen and went farming , dirt in shift linkage, had 3rd and fifth no 2nd or 4th , finished 5th in class and had an absolute ball . This isw worse than any drug addiction could be , the memory of getting to the inside and taking those two guys on the start and in turn one will remain one of the best moments in my life, all I had to do is race slow and easy and could have gotten third , but hey what can I say , did not come to lay back red neck karma took over Jesse
924RACR  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!!! Glad to hear you got the car back in action after the tow, and not only that, had the speed too! Very cool! Shall we expect to see you at the Runoffs?? I might consider coming down to crew for that one!!!
'82 931 Plat. Silver
jesse wall  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: right Reply with quote

Since I have barely learned to maintain one of these cars , and learned to keep it on the track at somewhat , sometimes decent speed , now I have to learn how to race, going like hell works sometimes but not always , lot to this game , be a long time learning how to be good at it if ever , , feels great if I can just get in a couple of decent passes, more likely I will be crewing for one of you more talented , younger guys if ever a 924 of any heritage gets a good shake on the rules, Jesse
924RACR  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, we've got the good shake, my friend! Now that we're in ITB! Just a matter of not over-doing it the first year out - don't want any penalties piled on us!
'82 931 Plat. Silver
Bart  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any pictures of your EP 924 you can share?
'71 GP 510 #61
Bart  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse-
I was talking to a good friend last night, William Marotta, who worked at Barber Racewerks for a short bit this year and he had mentioned your 924S from when he was at VIR earlier this year. I don't know if you recall but he talked to you at the track. It didn't hit me when reading your post yesterday that it is the same car William had told me about. It is a small world......

William and I have kicked around the idea of putting my 924S on the race track in EP. If you have pictures available I would like to take a gander.

Thanks!!
'71 GP 510 #61
jesse wall  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: pictures Reply with quote

Yes have a lotof pics need to figure out how to post them, have seen the instructions somewhere on site will try to figure it out . For now go to ncrscca.com check out gallery and go to march madness 2005 several pics of # 41 black with skunk stripes , will be glad to help you in any way , when I last ran at a club day on the grand course last week lost water pump so will be spending time with new pump and belt etc. will not make the May double race here but may try the hsr then the svra here as good place in both for 924 and 924s , you can of course widen the track in ep but will knock you out of the better vintage classes as the 6 inch wider track , yes 6 inches , wiil give you some really large flares that the vintage guys do not like , Laweranc may redo his 944 to a 924 gt pt model and replace motor with 944 turbo ala 1981 grand prix specs , over 300 hp with pump gas , the 6 buck a gallon race gas really is costly over a full weekend , however I would not have believed what a difference it has made in my car along with opening exhaust and intake, I am now in 5th gear alot more and sooner , can no longer hold it open all the way up climbing s's at vir may just be chicken but car is really hot compared to stock , we weigh 2525 full and that is 135 lbs overweight , if I built a full ep legal engine and got about 30 mor hp at least and lost the 135 lbs it woul scare me to drive it I think , Jesse
924RACR  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool!!!

Need some phat phenders now, though, make it look like a Prod car!

So, vintage DP fenders would be too modern for the Vintage guys? Would they prefer you run wire wheels and a wood steering wheel???

Keep up the good work!
'82 931 Plat. Silver
jesse wall  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: fenders Reply with quote

Thinking about the dp fenders for a long time , can not find the rear orginal dp fender, gt racing threw away the mold when the moved last time, vintage groups want all steel body parts , of course orginal dp fenders are glass , as far as I know , any help would be appreciated thinking about trying to copy the orginal off a dp car Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924 Racing Today All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: