Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Possible Hood Strut Mounting Points

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tj924  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Possible Hood Strut Mounting Points Reply with quote

In this pic

where the arrows are pointing to, are they hood strut mounting points? They appear to be factory rather than add-on. Could that be right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
My924gtc  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are indeed factory hood strut mounting points you've got there.

BTW-have your wheels shown up yet?

Sponsor of the 944 Cup and Super Cup
Sponsor of the "2006 Battle in the Badlands"
tj924  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean the car would originally have come with hood struts? Was that an option or standard equipment on an '82?

No wheels yet. Will have been 4 weeks this Tuesday (9 November). You shipped Tuesday 12 October (my time) I think. 4 to 6 weeks is what comes to mind for an ETA.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
My924gtc  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it was standard equipment in '82 but I have not seen an '82 that does not have struts.

Does the car have a prop rod too? If so, I would say that the struts were an option. My '82, which appears to be identicle to yours BTW, had struts but no rod and no signs of one that was removed.

Sponsor of the 944 Cup and Super Cup
Sponsor of the "2006 Battle in the Badlands"
tj924  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it has a rod
924guy  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the late 81/82 models ive seen have strut mounts, they did not come with hood struts however. my guess is that it because they were also starting to produce 944's at that time, same hood so we got the later spec'd hoods..We didnt get the struts because they had to relocate the fuel lines in the 944's , in our cars, the struts can and will rub the fuel lines on one side if you install them without slightly bending out the fuel lines so theyre out of the way.. I also took a piece of rubber hose, split it longitudally,stuck it over my fuel line and used it as a buffer for additional protection against rubbing, just in case. Last thing you want is to rupture that fuel line, so use care if you do this.... my hood also had an accomodation for struts, so it was a simple matter of just buying a set of early 944 hood struts and popping them on.. work great,and you dont have the hood sag on one side when you open it like with the rod. but i cant seem to find a set that will last more than a year or two, so im replacing them more than id like.. but i left the hood prop rod in as well, when they go i have a built in back up..
99' VehiCross
Y2K Honda Insight
http://www.cardomain.com/id/924Guy
Performance by Pasha
waarsen  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: get your gassprings/struts at www.springmasters.nl Reply with quote

hey guys if you need gaasprings for your porsche go to www.springmasters.nl call them, the owner has a 944 and had a 924 so he will know which kind you need.....if you live in america and need gassprings email me at america@springmasters.nl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: