Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

My Porsche is more than alive! It's fricken fast!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, got the DIS on everyone... I will get my site updated... I promise.. It's been so busy getting ready for each racing event and my schedule has limited me...

I do not have any doubts I get to 60 now in the low 6 second range... And this is still with the Web Cam Stage 1 camshaft! Man I can blow the doors off cars! I'll be doing a dyno next year - beginning of spring so I'll keep everyone updated on that.

Yes, the franco cam with DIS is definetly the way to go. If you want to see a significant change in 1/4 mile and speed times, this is the $1000 option. $350 for the Franco gear, $600 for the DIS, $125 (for me) for the crank sensor and items to be timed properly.

I will also put excellent liturature on this upgrade for anyone who wants to consider it.

I PROMISE YOU WILL LOVE IT! Yes, it costs $1000 or so.... but I won't tell you how much I have spent to get this far...

You don't have to spend as much as me... just go to my website for all the free info I provide...

Anyways, enough said for now... I promise I will update my website within two weeks.

Later all!

BTW: Sorry I haven't been on this board... I have been __WAY__ too busy!

- Jon McCullough
John Mueller  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had mine up to 110 the other night with ease.. I was shocked. It was never this fast after the first rebuild.
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2001 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 3 weeks ago I was at a stop light when a Dodge ?Challenger?? pulled up next to me... ya know, the rumbly bumbly engine.... my dad was behind me, so he knows what it was.... (he tells me it either had a 340 cc, or a 440 cc)

anyways light turns green, I spank him bad by 60.... I'm at the very least 4 car lengths in front of him.... these 4 car lengths are the length of his car... not mine

Yes, auto vario-cam timing at it's best

- Jon
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jon,

When do we get the scoop on your Electromotive setup? I am seriously thinking of getting the Tec2 setup (DIS and EFI) for my 924, and after all your fanfair, I think I'll go for that auto-adjust cam sprocket. Could you email me pictures of the crank and sensor etc?
larso  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much help was the franco overall? was it one of the biggies? I adds rotational weight so is it that great?
John Mueller  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But wait the Tec 3 just came out??? Which one??? Ahhhhh, too much. I do have a serious question though. My 81 931 has the Motronic like control. How can I upgrade this? Or is it untouchable??
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cost to put EFI through Electromotive is too great compared to what Jay (BadFish) can do for ya....

I just bought the DIS system. It is worth it, and with the auto-vario cam timing, you really get some serious power. To get a lot of horsepower from an engine, the thing to do first is all the math. Then build it according to the math you have

I figured the Franco cam would give me serious power, but I never actually believed it...

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I will get updates on my website...

I PROMISE!!

I am just having a difficult time getting the new Titanium G4... argh

John Mueller  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

What is the final advance? I have a Vari-Curve controller now for my MSD. True I spent almost the same amount as you, but this was before I found out the DIS would work on the 924. You posted a few days too late. Arrrggghhh.. LOL Oh well, it's all good! Anyway since you have been here with the DIS, what did you set you final advance at? And how much does the franco cam retard or advance its timing? I will be adding the franco to my NA after I get my turbo rebuilt. Also, how well do you think the franco would work on a 931 since the timing is off the crank already it should not be too hard? Or is it??
exc911ence  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I'd be bragging about beating any car equipped with a "340 c.c. or 440 c.c." engine. Now beating a car with a 340 c.i. or 440 c.i. displacement engine would be quite a feat![]

PS: Beating a 340/440 c.c. motorcycle would also prompt serious bragging as well![]
John Mueller  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silverarrow  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know if Franco still has soem of those gears? I talked to him on the phone last spring and he said he only had a few left and he didn't think he would do another production run unless there was some more interest.
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, if he is going to stop production you are all fools for not buying one right now! I am serious! It's worth all $300 you pay!

My final timing is 30 degree's for my ignition timing...

GUYS! I am serious! I might just buy one as an extra incase I ever get another 924

- Jon

larso  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are the actual results? I haven't seen any dynos or anything on your car Jon, just those old 75 horse power ones on your page.
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

75? Nah... 100+ ATW hp before

look at this video and you decide

BTW: this was all in second gear

http://204.72.34.61/porsche/Movies/Jon_style.mov

I will get it dyno'ed this spring...

- Jon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: