Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Cylinder #1 too lean?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
-nick  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Cylinder #1 too lean? Reply with quote

I changed the plugs yesterday, and besides finding coolant in cylinder #2, I also found that plug #1 was grey and crusted with what looked like tiny aluminum beads. From what I understand, that is the tell-tale sign of too much combustion chamber heat. The other 3 plugs, however, all looked very good.

Checking the injector output with glass beakers will be the next diagnosis. I'm a little worried since the injectors are new and the valve lash is set just right- just leaves the fuel dizzy really. Any other thoughts on why I might be seeing this?

-nick
wdb  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the head gasket is leaking between 1 and 2 you could be drawing air/gases from #2 or vise versa .
-nick  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call WDB- compression check will be my next test. That should give me a clue if I have a gasket leak around the #1 cylinder.

Thanks,
-nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: