Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Just to prove....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that there's more than 2 Porsche's in this part of Australia and their not all owned by people with the first name of Peter

That's me behind the people-mover in the red 924 waiting to attack the 356s.

If you'd like to see what else the club gets up to, have a look at http://www.porscheclub.org.au/gallery.htm. Scroll down to the "Observation Rally - 19th August" for a pic of one of the prettiest 931s in town (not mine unfortunately).
924RACR  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a couple of problems... this photo is mirrored...
...the ML looks pretty small compared to those Porscheys... (yeah, I know it must be an A-class)

...and I'm not convinced they aren't all Peters... God knows there's a bunch of PCA chapters around here full of Peters... LOL

Nice pics!

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it looks like you convinced all 18 Porsche owners in Australia to pose for this shot!
D Hook  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And some of those drivers all look the same, too! Check out the lead 356 and the third one back.

So they're all named Peter AND they all look the same, too. Hmmmmmmmm...
teo  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and do you know anything about the guy with the red 944 Turbo who drives in the Australian Porsche Cup, keeping some GT3s, GT2s behind him?

I have seen it on TV, don't remember his name, must be some Peter .....

PS: a coal powered web server .... you guys have some strange equipment down under
dwak  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,
If it's so hot down there, how come half the people on that aussie/porsche.org are wearing snow gear? That really nice silver 931 either has high speed body mods or 2 dents on the side. Just made it my computer wallpaper.
Mike B  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a minor detail Peter...but your in the wrong seat for driving
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first glance I thought it was an early 1960's German police force responding to a bank robbery in unmarked cars.
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwak,
the ski gear thing is sort of a tradition. Every year in July/August thousands of mindless people drive south so they can play in a patch of snow that's probably smaller than your backyard. Most years there's not enough real snow to go around so they have to generate man-made snow with huge machines. Go figure. I can't work it out.

Teo,
the guy's name is Trevor (he probably changed it) and that 944 Turbo is a real piece of work - it's rated at 360hp, has a 968 6-speed and pulls 0-100km/h (0-60mph) in 4.4secs. Apparently the Oz Porsche Cup uses a power/weight rule which means the car can't have any more power without increasing it's weight. I've got a magazine write-up about the car, makes very interesting reading.

yeah, the driving on the wrong side of the car is another of those strange traditions down here. Ever wonder why the 924 engine is canted over to the right and not the left? 'cause it was designed by Germans and not Brits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: