Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Appropriate Discussions (from the boiler room)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the horrific events of last week and the subsequent posting of opinions it might be time for an opinion from the boiler room.

I don't have any problem with people talking about important things that have nothing to do with cars. 924s are a lot of fun and probably one of the world's best kept secrets but we all have real lives that are effected by real things and when something as important and tragic as last week happens it would be wierd if it wasn't discussed here.

I just basically shovel coal and keep the board running, Vaughan is still captain of the ship (whether he likes it or not )

We're all intellegent people and know what is appropriate here.

This new board must be one of the few discussion boards on the 'net where the administrators have never had to lock or delete a post.

As far as I'm concerned, the "General Discussions" area is just that, it's where you can invite everyone over to your igloo for a beer next Saturday week and offer to pay the fare of the guys coming from Australia, it's where you talk about 924 stuff like what to look for when buying your first 924, you know, general things which may or may not have something to do with cars.

I suppose I should have said that attacks on other board users or individuals or groups or attempts to post spam will not be tolerated but I don't have to because we don't do that.

Peter.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'm quite happy to see all those posts off-topic and dealing with current events - because they give a clearer indication than ever that we all consider this to be our community, our forum, not just a source of information.

I'm also happy to be a part of a forum where all involved can participate in an adult fashion, without the need for a parent to stop in every now and then to make sure everyone's playing nice.

As we mentioned when we established this new board, it's you guys/gals who make it what it is, and you are the ones who deserve all the credit for it. We're more like the janitors and handymen than the parents, we just work here and keep the lights lit, you're the ones who make the party fun!

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
D Hook  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just goes to prove that the janitors and handymen REALLY run the world. They just let the rest of us play in it.

Thanks guys, for all your work.
Zuffen  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As was said in a movie "Party on dude".

I agree whole heartedly that this forum is being used as intended and everyone is being civil and considerate. This forum is based on free speech and a dedication to the free flow of information. Whether you have a single comment or a soap box, there is place for it.

I'm glad to see that we as Porsche owners are not all self centered, ego driven, self serving buggurs.

I have Way too many cars, parts for the 931,944 and 951
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I realise that you Northern Hemisphere guys are probably all at the beach sipping drinks with unbrellas in them but reeeeealllly

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, the "General Discussions" area is just that, it's where you can invite everyone over to your igloo for a beer next Saturday week and offer to pay the fare of the guys coming from Australia

Now, I posted that 48 hours ago and you know how many emails I have had to say "the party is on and the tickets are at the airline counter"? This may shock some of you but the answer is NONE.

I'm obviously being too subtle in my approach.
:lol:

[ This Message was edited by: Peter_in_AU on 2001-09-23 20:11 ]
larso  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd invite all you guys to my igloo but it is illegal to drink beer in Canada so we'd have to figure something else out, who is going to fly up here anyway there are no planes in the air is there.
Zuffen  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Peter which Airline counter do I go to pick up my tickets? Isn't the beer in Australia better than here?

I have Way too many cars, parts for the 931,944 and 951
924RACR  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son, you want some good beer, all you gotta do is come up here to Michigan, best beer east of the Mississippi...

DRINK MICHIGAN BEER!!!

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
D Hook  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously Peter, this is the payback for all those posts you used to make on the old board about knocking back cold ones down under while all of us Northerners were freezing our lugnuts off.

You're more than welcome to my place, anytime, here in the middle of the good-ol' USA. But you gotta' bring the shrimp. I'll have some nice, frosty SCHLITZ beer waiting for ya'. HHHHHmmmmmmmmmm. Oh, and you have to buy your own plane ticket, too. And you'll have to stay at a motel and rent a car. Or you can borrow the 924, if you fix the windshield washer tank for me and hook up the headlight washer nozzles and sand the sun roof panel 'cause the paints starting to crack. But it runs GREAT!

Lemme know when you're comin' so I can give you directions from the airport. And could you pick up some chips on the way over? Thanks! You're the greatest!
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that would be soooo great, a 924/31 road-trip of USA and Canada.

You've put the seeds of an idea in my head. Now, how do I tell the wife and child I'm popping over to North America to drink beer with some good mates? Perhaps I'll have a mid-life crisis, that might work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> About The Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: