Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 brakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fredrikl  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Here is another cross-reference question from me. What VW does the 924 N/A front brake pads come from? My car is a standard 1982 model without the M471 option.

Please state VW model, engine size, and year, if possible. And while we're at it, how about the rear brake shoes (drums)?

Best wishes,
Fredrik L

[ This Message was edited by: fredrikl on 2001-09-22 01:10 ]
swicks  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pads are fairly common part # D195 (I think that is the Ferodo number), and they are cheap, but as far as I know they do not fit a Golf. The disc is an AP part # BG191, but does not fit any other VW or Audi passenger car.

VW Beetle bits fit in the rear drums though.

Steve (in sunny South Africa)
fredrikl  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this info.

I have heard that the Audi 100 LS brake pads should fit. I will give it a try and report back to his board.

Although Porsche brake pads are not too bad in price I still think the aftermarket Audi pads are less than half price (at least here in Sweden).

Best wishes,
Fredrik L

fredrikl  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I replaced the front brake pads yesterday. The old ones proved to be in very bad condition.

I bought aftermarket pads for "Audi 100 4-cyl 75-7/81". The shape is slightly different from the old pads that were on the car (one part which has been cut away on the original pads is still there on the new pads). However, the new Audi ones seem to fit anyway, at least from what I can tell. Does anyone have any input on this? The new pads cost a mere 11 USD.

Best wishes,
Fredrik L

[ This Message was edited by: fredrikl on 2001-09-30 23:08 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: