Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

YIKES check this out.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is not 924 topic, but check this out. I only pray that this is not going to be used to turn America into Natzi Germany.
get on here an vote your opinion.... just hope you like your freedom and will vote that way.
http://ypolls.yahoo.com/rd1/

Eric
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope we don't turn into Nazi Germany in the sense that people are threatening and prosecuting all the Muslims and Middle Eastern people who are citizens of this country. I find that to be a much worse thing than the government looking for key words in email messages and searching us at the airport.

---I'll step off of my soap box now---
dwak  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately these difficult times require the temporary suspension of certain freedoms that we take for granted. Temporary being the key word. Hopefully.
By the way, all these sudden references to 'rice burners' etc have a faint aroma of racism. Hopefully not. If you don't like the cars, don't look at them. It's that easy.
dwak
kaffine krazed  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anything wrong with strict security at airports. I lived in Spain for 3 years. If you have ever been to Europe then you should know how lax our airport security is. Over there the airport security guards have full body armor, fully automatic machine guns and better training than our swat teams. The equipment they use to scan luggage and passengers for weapons, explosive, ect. are alot more advanced than our airports.
larso  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with Kaffine Krazed.

Switzerland is another example.

If you don 't want to protect your country, get out.

Anyway there are a lot of weak people, the weak being the ones resorting to violence against colored people etc that don't have anything to do with what happened (people assulting anyone with a turban or that looks like they are from the east, just like neonazis). If they were strong and had any intent, they would go after the actual people causing the problems, join the goddamn army instead of being weak and going after people in the states or canada that have nothing to do with the problem.

We wouldn't have are german porsches if everyone had this attitude toward all germans. Just because someone is a German that doesn't make them a nazi, and if we had that attitude like I said we wouldn't have porsches. I am not German or anything BTW.

I hate to say this, but there are too many fat slobs sucking up the world's resources, and people should be forced to join the army if they won't do it out of respect. All these shots of new yorkers on TV made me sad in two ways, sad that all this happened, but also sad of how many undiscipined fat people there are in New York. This may sound mean and all, but in order to protect your country, you have to do something, all these people analyzing and saying "why don't we forgive and just make peace", by the time they are done analyzing it we will ahve another terrorist attack and they will be saying the same thing, "why can't we make peace and how do we tell our children that war is blah blah blah", and how do you expect to make peace then, with irrational people???? I haven't heard one person that rants about making peace actaully say WHAT they will do to obtain peace...

TAKE ACTION, don't sit there and talk about how we SHOULD be making peace, because if you don't know HOW to make peace without military action, then shut up, if you do, then let's hear it, I haven't heard anything yet.

I do "see" a lot more problems with the majority of afgans though, because most of them infact ARE happy and gracious, and think that ben ladin is a good person, NOT JSUT SOME, MOST. Whereas all the German history videos I saw never showed a bunch germans cheering and rejoicing when a jew was killed, maybe one person, but not groups of people and crowds giggling while burning flags.

[ This Message was edited by: larso on 2001-09-20 17:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: larso on 2001-09-20 17:13 ]
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that we need much better security in the air ports. The things I was worried about were the check zones in towns, eligal.. so to speak... search and seizures. We have freedowms here in American and these need to be preserved or the terrorists win. Also how many times has America given back freedoms that were taken away? Once they are gone... they are gone.

As far as attacking Arib Americans and such. Those people should get their heads straight and focus their anger at the appropriate people. I have no doubt that there are some groups in America that are hostile, but most are peace loving and are just as upset about what happened as all other Americans.

Oh hate crime laws.. just heard our Great (crappy fat lazy murrdering) senator Kenedy wants more of them... great. Well what happens when a white man attacks a muslim or black American.. it is a hate crime.... what happens if it is the other way around? Nothing special. It should be that anyone in America attacks anyone for any reason other than self defence and they are punished the same.

So anyway the reason I pointed out the survey is to show the extreems that some are willing to go. Do not take away the freedoms or the terrorists win. Also I agree with Lars... get off your Lazy Fat As-es America. I am prepaired to fight if I am called upon. I would rather defend our home soil then fight in some foreign land, but I will do what is nessesary to let my family and friends live with out fear.

Peace.... can't happen until we shut these organizations down. Though watch TV today and you will see all kinds of stupid people asking for it.

Just my ravings
Eric
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who was it who said "know your enemy"?

My knowlege of Islam and the Muslim religion are very very limited, almost non-existant. I'd love to be corrected on any of these points.

According to what I have read down here, the Koran, the holy book of Islam is to "outsiders", like the Christian Bible, a "guide to life". It is very specific on a number of points that are relevant to last week and the weeks ahead.

Like the bible, the Koran views suicide as a sin and, I think, calls it an insult to God.

The Koran also, aparently, states that the killing of women, children and the elderly is also an insult to God.

The Koran apparently mentions the works of Jesus Christ and Buddah as messengers on God.

Nowhere in the Koran is there any mention of an afterlife with 72 virgin wives as payment for killing people.

Those involved with or supporting last week's tragedy have been seduced by a perverted form of a very pure religion, much like the people in Wako, Texas or those in Jonestown or even the followers of Charles Manson. We were nice enough to not hold all Christians accountable for Wako or Jonestown.

You older ones will probably remember the "holy wars" (what's now refered to as a Jihad) a few hundred years ago. That was when the English fighting machine, having nothing else to kill, went off to kill Muslims. The reason for which was never obvious. Fortunately, the Turkish kicked the shit out of them so they never tried it again. Those of us from a Christian culture tend to gloss over such events.

Before the flames fly, I should state that I am from a Christian background although we rarely attended church and if I had it all to do again I'd become a Buddist.
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'm not totally up on the Buddhist stance on fishing and alchohol so I might have to retract my last statement.
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwak: I don't believe "Rice Burner" as a phrase or expression smacks of racism at all. The companies (Honda, Toyota, etc) began in Asia right? And where does rice come from? Asia! What's racist about rice in Asia? Sheesh.

But what do I know? I'm an unwashed infidel like all of you! Peter, the Koran also speaks of the 'infidel' - do you know who the infidel is? It's you and me, man. And what does 'infidel' mean? Unwashed, dirty, non believer.

The Koran refers to Jews as Allah's chosen people in sura 5:20-22, part of which states, "O my people. Go into the Holy Land which Allah hath ordained for you." This verse was written at the beginning of Muhammed's "revelations," after he fled Mecca for Medina, and indicates that he believed Jewish rights to present-day Israel were ordained by "Allah." But later in life, after realizing local Jewish tribes refused to recognize him as "The Prophet," he declared them to be "infidels" or unbelievers, effectively stripping them of their status as "Allah's chosen people." Sura 47:4, though it does not specifically mention Jews, has been used throughout the centuries by adherents of Islam as a pretext to kill them: "Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers, smite at their necks; at length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them)…" This verse refers to Allah's command of perpetual jihad -- literally "holy war" -- until all mankind is either killed, converted, or subjugated by Islam. Other Koranic verses prophesy a ceaseless struggle against the Jews until Judgement Day.

This is so depressing.

[ This Message was edited by: Rick MacLaren on 2001-09-21 00:53 ]
teo  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the forum for 924.org about the Porsche 924 ?

If so, please stay close to the original topic, if someone wants to discuss the meaning of life and all the other stuff (BTW 42), be kind and go to the appropriate forum.

Regards,
Teo

eturbo924  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice teo... people are hurting, scared and depressed... this board should be open to those that frequent it to talk about this if they choose.... is this not the "general" section.

Eric
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo: I hadn't considered discussing the meaning of life today. But now that you mention it...
RobE  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few comments. I don't normally speak my opinions publicly but in light of the acts of terrorism on my home land last week I will say this. I believe that what happen last week was long over due in the sense that the U.S. has been too lax and trusting to the world for far too long. In my travels all over this world I have come to realize that North Americans in general have no since of what is going on around them (yes Canada is part of this also). What I mean by this is that even though the news reports acts of violence in other parts of the world most of us don't pay any attention to it, saying that is a world away, that will never happen to us. People in this country also believe that our government/military/police will protect us from everything. They can't be everywhere at once. The U.S. can never go back to the way it was before the attacks because if we do these types of attacks will happen again. I am afraid that in a few months the American people will be whinning about their loss of freedom and the government will have to cave in and our lives will be in danger. Our government and way of life is special and has to be protected if that means going through metal detectors, bag searches and i.d checks so be it. Now before the spears start flying let me tell you that I am in the military and I hope that I am wrong. I also hope the American public has learned a lesson, the world is getting smaller and yes it can happen to us, and unfortunately it may happen again. Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations Rob E.
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobE Just to clarify... I do not think you actually meant it was "long over due"

You make it sound like we deserved it. I do not think that is what you meant to say. We did not deserve it but we should have been watching for it.... that is what I think you meant.

I agree that metal detectors and armed guards on the flights are nessesary, but many of our other fundamental freedoms should not be taken away. Why should we be suject to searches by any agent who just feels like it. Now this is different when you are boarding a flight. This is not what I was talking about. The freedom to move about the country and your town with out having to register in or pass through a check point or be subject to search at the point of a gun is not America.

Also people should arm themselves. Our 2nd amendment rights demand it. When did we all get so lax that we believe rapest, robbers and terrorists should just get what they want? "Just give in" is the civilizecd way. "Give them what they want and they will leave you alone." Then call the police and they will help you. Tell that to rape victims and Yah that worked real well for the passengers on those flights. Everyone should be responsible for protecting themselves and their families. Do not just sit there and let other people or yourselves be victimized. The brave men on the flight that crashed in Penn should get some kind of metal. They took an active roll in attempting to save themselves.... and more importantly others.

Anyway... Americans are already complaining about this war that has not even begun. I only hope that the rational people prevail. Those would be the ones that understand that we must strike and strike hard. We must or the terrorists will just continue to attack us and the rest of the world. I think most of the world is behind us and will stand together against this common enemy. This must not be allowed to happen again... to any country.

Eric
dwak  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rick Mac, the US is the biggest rice exporting nation in the world. What are Chevs, potato burners or Porsches, sour kraut burners?
Let all be reminded about all those who don't heed history are destined to repeat it. Russia got their ass kicked in Afganistan and
Britain sufferred one of her most humiliating
defeats there. Sure we should go, but very carefully.
dwak
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: