Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Cheap supercharger
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zuffen  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing to do is skip having an intake all together. No more filter or slow response.

What you do is drill a hole in the head, into the cylinder chamber for the pure oxygen. Install a direct gas injector and add a liquid oxy tank in the back of the car. There is no such thing as too much air right? so all you would have to do is hook the throttle direct to the fuel dist and when you step on the gas, you actuate the fuel flow in to the stock injector. The trick would be to have the oxy injector pulse with every power stroke. Pure oxygen would ignite with the fuel, so there would be no need for a distributer or ignition system. If you timed it also to spray a burst on the exhaust stroke you could purge the cylinder (better hope there is no fuel residue).

Just a thought

I have Way too many cars, parts for the 931,944 and 951
jamez  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus if it had its own oxygen supply, you could drive it in some really cool places, like underwater, and in space...... as for the E-Ram looks like a pile of crap to me, but for only $300 dollars and easier than hell to install, but I think if you had something that would put out maybe 2 times as much boost you would have a pretty good h.p. gain and combined with head mods and higher comp. pistons, it might actually be worth it. Anyways, I'm a second year Electronics engineer student, so I'm gonna do some studying and find out if there are some electric motors out there that could do the trick, maybe pull the compressor off a turbocharger for the fan, and make some fancy dancy way to control the electric motor speed depending on engine rpm...Then hopefully do some tests, and see if I can get it to work. and if it doesn't oh well, I like messing around with stuff anyways, and I don't think i can harm my car can I?
jamez  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doing just a little bit of research I came across some pretty bad ass electric rc airplane motors, they make some pretty powerfull ones that would run off 12v, and turn 20,000 rpm with a load, interesting....
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a study/review of electric superchargers take a look at http://www.autospeed.com/A_0237/page1.html it's an analysis of the Turbo Zet product.
larso  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, things don't burn in pure oxygen, all those other little molecules and atoms that we consider bad, such as nitrogen and carbon dioxide are required.
larso  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey why don't we use a 5th wheel on the car, have a freespining wheel in the center of the car and hook it up to a turbine.

cuz it's not high enough rpm

don't u guys think somebody would have done all these crazy things already if they would work though...they won't work

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel embarassed just reading this foolish topic ....any of you guys heard of NH o2?? Come on guys .. you bitch at the V8 coversions but will bolt on a weed eater! If you want power ,CONVERT or settle for your 100-140hp. That sould get some new posts to read.
larso  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reason people don't do v-8 conversions is because of the money, again, your $20 000 dollar theory all relates down to this: people who buy 924s will have to change their whole attitude towards price, i'll bet if the 924 was worth 20 000 today, 99 percent of us would all be driving 4000 dollar 944s instead.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey larso, what kind of car do you drive agian??
larso  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You keep bringing that up like "how's the weather today"

I'll take off now, in order to have knowledge about a 924 you have to currenty own one, see ya.
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Lars, besides being nutty, is quite knowledgable...
D Hook  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree ric. LarsO always brings a new, fresh, albeit totally flammable point of view. But Lars has been around for awhile and his contributions have been as valuable as anyone's. Let's not dismiss others because of the lack of a currently running 924/931. I don't believe Vaughan makes ownership a qualification to posting on this board.

But hell, Lars can defend himself, he sure doesn't need help there. Just don't get him started on the damn AMC thing again.

Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have to agree with Lars, and Adam, the eRam is a gimmick in that you're expecting a gas system to convert to electrical power, and from that electrical power system you're expecting it to be converted to mechanical energy to increase combustion. I'd expect any significant power increases to be offset by a corresponding (though not necessarily proportional) drain in electrical power. In a word, it looks like 'perpetual motion'. Ya can't get something for nothing.

But I bet it'd blow your hair dry really well at speed.

[ This Message was edited by: Rick MacLaren on 2002-05-22 04:08 ]
Lizard  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to agree with rick that peice is a waste of time
teo  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of the leaf-blower, you can inflate your spare tire in the back to max. pressure, hook it to the airbox, push the button and you'll have booooost for a second or two.

how about that?

downside is you'll have to stop at every gas station to inflate it again, but that's for free!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: