Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Back seats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you remove the back seats in a 87 924S. They are to small and I dont know why ther are there in the first place.
larso  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there are any bolts if I recall, they just pop out once you take that clip off with a screwdriver that holds the latch thing in place. The bottoem seat is glued down so u gotta rip it out carefully, the top is much heavier than the bottom.
Ants  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason for the back seats had something to do with insurance (correct me if anyone knows for sure) but I think it used to be much more expensive to insure a pure two seater as opposed to a 4 seater, so a compromise 2+2 config. was adopted as an insurance loophole.

Could be wrong though

Ants
larso  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard that too...
Dave  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds likt a big job to get those back seats out if they a glued in. Well Thanx for the help guys
Vince  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a 10 mm bolt on each side that you have to remove in order to take out the fold down seat. It is easy to remove and replace. I have done it many times. The bolts are used to pivot the top. Easy.
The bottom of the seat is also easy. remove the seat belt bolts and the metal clips on the top under using a screwdriver. If you plan to use the seat again then carefully remove the seat bottom. If not grab the top and pull hard. Sometimes it comes off clean and other times you may have some foam stuck on the metal. Use a glue remover and you are all set. Very easy. Should not take more than a half hour.
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple to take out... Just tug away... they won't rip but the glue sticks a little and so there will be fussy stuff stuck to the metal from the glue.

It won't look pretty... but you can loose 30 lbs

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
numbers  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would want to destroy the interior of a Porsche. Maybe you guys don't really consider your 924' to be Porsches? Anyway the two seater thing had to do with taxes in Europe, not insurance. A two seater in Europe is considered to be a luxsury, while a fore seater is considered a family car.
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A feminist magazine once said Porsche is a mans car. They don't have vanity mirrors and they don't have cup holders.

MEN! We must live up to those standards! RIP THOSE SUCKERS OUT! Take out the back seats! RIP THAT MUFFLER OFF! Get rid of that sissy A/C. Brakes? Who needs them?! EXTRA WEIGHT!

err... wait... maybe brakes are needed...

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
Dave  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking about taking out the back seat and carpeting it. You guys are right who needs brakes.... We can just down shift or slam it into reverse. Well that might not be a good idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: