Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

BeaveRun - NASA/GTS first timer questions!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BMWRob  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: BeaveRun - NASA/GTS first timer questions! Reply with quote

Hi everyone-

After receiving lots of GTS emails and hearing lots of good things about it on other lists, I'm finally coming to check it out at BeaveRun in 2 weeks. I have a couple of last minute questions I hope someone can help me with!

1. I'm bringing my crew chief to help me out on as usual. Does he need anything - NASA membership, crew license, etc?

2. What class is my car in???? It's an E36 BMW 325i, prepared to ITS rules. An E30 325 I ran against this past weekend during an SCCA race said he was in GTS2 but if I'm performing the calculations correctly, my car is in GTS3? I thought M3s were GTS3?

3. Last one, will the necessary stickers I need be available for purchase at the event? I emailed Mr. Mansier and he said I'd be able to get my NASA log book at the event, so I assumed the stickers will be there as well, but I want to be sure!

Looking forward to some fun racing in two weeks!

- rob
bmw22  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob
Welcome to GTS Challenge. Here's the short answers to your questions.
1. Your crew doesn't need to do anything except sign the typical waivers at the gate. All grid/pit/hot area rules apply the same in NASA as thet do in SCCA.

2 Sounds like you know your weight and RWHP. If weight/RWHP falls in the 14.5-17.49 range, then you are GTS3. Some M3 are GTS3 and some are GTS4. BMW CCA Stock BMWs are quite heavy and fall into GTS3

3 I'll be at the track with GTS decals for your car.

I'll see you at Beaverun. Get ready for a ton of track time, and maybe even a kart race on Saturday evening.
325is GTS2 #22
mailto:markbarr@wpa.net
BMWRob  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark!

For my car, I only know the factory hp number (my car has never been on a dyno) and the minimum weight I can run in ITS (although I have scaled the car several times and know I can get really close to that ). If I can, I'll rescale it before the event and there's a dyno shop right down the street who I need to talk to about some exhaust work anyway....

Thanks again, see you in two weeks!

- rob
BMWRob  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question... will there be tire service at the BeaveRun event? Hoosier maybe?
924RACR  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna have to check with Lawrence Mansier on that...
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
924RACR  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an update of sorts on the NASA forums:
http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2527

Long story short, we don't have a committment yet (for sure) that there will be a tire service there. However we have identified a local shop that can handle tire changes just a few minutes from the track:

(From bmw22)
I just spoke with a local tire service. They are open until noon on Saturday. They have equipment that handles upto 24" rims and can handle expensive wheels with out touching them. He used the term "touchless mounting" Mount and balance $19 per wheel. They are just a couple minutes from the track.

Uneeda Tire Co
Address: 508 Glen Ave, Ellwood City, PA 16117
Phone: (724) 752-8473
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: