Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

bad coolen fan motor , hot runnen924

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2001 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: porsche
Date: 21 Jul 2001
Time: 22:59:41

The existing cooling fan is shit on a 79 924 this is my 2nd 1 thats bit it ... when it needs to be runnen now today it just barely ran causing you know what ... Im goin with a after market 1 directly wired with a switch now .. hat it when it runs hot.. the first 1 s bearing whent out so it didnt spin that freely now this 1 i hokked up with a switch so it would run when i wanted it to

... did i di something wrong ( burn up the fan
motor since like it s supposed to run on amps not full on off the battery or what maybe the connector melted ...Ill check on sunday

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: vscott77@nospam.hotmail.com
Date: 22 Jul 2001
Time: 08:17:32

I wouldn't worry about it too much; just make sure you wire in the aftermarket fan properly. They're so much lighter and more efficient than the original stuff. Got one on my racecar, incredible weight savings... maybe 20 lbs right there! LOL

Oh, yeah, don't worry 'bout Jesus, nobody else pays attention to him anymore anyway

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: david.c.russell@lmco.com
Date: 23 Jul 2001
Time: 16:12:00

I have been thinking about an after market fan. How good do the cool. What size and CMF rating are you running?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: joedanka@hotmail.com
Date: 24 Jul 2001
Time: 22:09:15

I just got it its a summitt adjustable 14' 2,300 cfm.

The only bad thing is it doesnt have a shroud..
$74.88 summitt racing#320714

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: