Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

LOOK ITS ONE OF THE BEST 924 I EVER SEEN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puma  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: LOOK ITS ONE OF THE BEST 924 I EVER SEEN Reply with quote

Lizard  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, I am not a huge fan, probably has a 350 under the hood, any pics of the front though?
puma  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car does not have an engine right now I took it out to see how much room I had for the LT1 swap. Right now I don't have any more pictures but I'll try to get some more as soon as I can. I don't have the car at my house its at a mechanics house who is supposed to help me with the engine swap.
jamez  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puma, your car looks pretty good. My car needs a new paint job to really look good.
My engine swap is %100 percent complete now, although my car is 360 miles away (Im in college, the car is at the parents house) . I have driven it about 20 miles total, not very much at all but it drives great, and accelerates like crazy. I havent pushed it hard yet, and haven't done much cornering, but I did swerve around in the road a little bit (at about 60 mph), and with 350 lb. springs in the front and helper springs in the back there was no body roll and everything felt very solid...
I didn't take measurements or make drawings of anything I did, so I can't help out with that. But if you want to do an LT1 swap, I would recomend just going for it, I can tell you all the parts that I used, and what I did etc... Just a warning, it takes alot of time patience and money. I didn't keep records of how much I spent getting my car going, but I would geustimate it to be about $3000 total, but alot of that was buying things that I couldn't make fit, knowing what I know now, I could probably do it for a little cheaper....
turbobob9242  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: RE swap information Reply with quote

The only real issue you should have is the smaller torque tube diameter.

I ended up doing a Buick GN turbo V-6 and have documented lots on my website including links to the new stuff as it is getting to complicated.

Check it out at http://www.turbo924.com
IcepickIII  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did u get the wing?
wdb  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your car looks great , love those rims .

there are more pics in the registry
http://www.924board.org/register/listingcriteria.php

also there are 20+ pages of pics here , it an old post so alot of the links are dead .

http://924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=231&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=e8f5f7a1427b7c7477450a177f4d3118
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: