Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Need some help deciding what engine swap to go with

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ortizabu  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Need some help deciding what engine swap to go with Reply with quote

Here's the deal. I have a 78 924 i want to know what engine would give the best output in terms of speed. I have been thinking about a 944 turbo, 924 turbo, 350 engine, and the all mighty lt1. Wich engine do you guys think will give me the best bang for my buck? Thanks
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

350 or lt1

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
jamez  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid $1000 for my LT1, it runs great. The LT1 will also fit under the hood and most V8's wont.
ortizabu  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Hey jamez Reply with quote

Hey jamez,

did you get the transmission along with the engine? What modifications did you have to do to achieve your mission? How much money did you approximately use in total?
jamez  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no transimission with the engine. I used a 944 turbo tranny, definately want to keep the tranny in the stock position for weight distribution purposes.

Big job to put a V8 into a 924 but it fits nicely, didn't have to cut holes anywhere, had to cut out the old engine mounts and thats about it.

i didn't keep track of how much I spent on my car, if I did I would have probably killed myself by now. I would guess about $5000 total including the engine, and all the parts I bought and ended up not using.

I was going to try and make some instructions and drawings of what I did to help people out, but I haven't had the time. We have had a lot of people interested in them though, so maybe I will try to get something together.
ortizabu  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think that those instructions will help quite a bit. So what other parts did you have to change, like the alternator.
01edgeranger  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you get the tranny to match up?
2002 Kawasaki Ninja
2003 Ford Focus
CEM - Team
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
2000 Toyota Celica
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: