Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Brake package...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khal  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Brake package... Reply with quote

Did all '81 Turbo's come with the five-bolt hubs? (ROW specifically)

Mine has five-bolt hubs but I know it's had a brake conversion. My option codes do not list the "M471" (?) option.

Just wondering if it might have originally had four-bolt hubs?

Also, I don't think mine are the standard brakes. The PO mentioned that it had brakes off another Porsche -could've sworn he said 911 but it might've been another. It was a long time ago, and although it sounded impressive at the time, I've since completely forgotten. The discs are very large (for a car of that age anyway, I know most modern performance cars have monster rotors) and the calipers have quick-release pads (like a racing car), is this normal for M471 conversion?

I do know the car used to be raced. Does anyone know what brakes off other Porsche models would fit my 924? I don't think the suspension has been modified greatly, if at all, except for better shocks and springs and it has been lowered. I think it's relatively normal because I bent a rear suspension arm and popped an axle (long story) but the mechanic got replacement parts off a normal 924 (Turbo or NA, not sure).

Any ideas?
CMXXXI  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not all 931 came with the 5-bolt brake setup, ROW or US. I think they became standard at some point (?81?82?) but don't know for sure. The brakes you describe "sound different" from the stock M471 setup though. I don't have my Turbo supplement here to check the specs on the brake components...
Lizard  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the M471 was optional equip on 79 and 80, in 81 it came standard on Turbo models, any chance of getting of photo of your brakes.

speaking of which I am going to start mounting the 928 brakes on my project car soon, cant wait
CMXXXI  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked up the brake specs for you last night, here they are:

Stock front discs/rear drums:
Disc diameter: 257mm
Disc thickness: 13mm

M471 specs:
Diameter (F/R): 282.5/289.0
Thickness (F/R): 20.5/20.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: