Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Shiny 928/trashlid Rims

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwak  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Jan. issue of '911 & Porsche World' magazine there is a 928 with rims like my 931's but 'chromed'. Looks nice which is odd because normally I paint chrome flat black.
Anyhow is this anodised like wdb show's in the 'links' section? Would one's local chrome plater do this reasonbly?
dwak
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the details on taking off the clearcoat off any wheel go to the suspension or wheel section of this site. Fully detailed two pages on how to remove the yellowed clearcoat for about $15 for all four wheels.
Lots of elbow grease and beer or coffee.
Pictures show before, during and after the removal. I used Easy Off Oven cleaner and a jar or two of Mothers Alum Polish.
Read the article first. Repeat, read the article first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: