Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Hybrid clutch setup issues/ questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turbobob9242  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Hybrid clutch setup issues/ questions Reply with quote

OK all you other hybrid guys, what are you using for clutch setups??

I ahve used the renegade disk and pressure plate and not had much success as I have worn them out too quick!

I thought that the porsche 1" 23 spline was the same as a old ford setup but after talking to a couple clutch vendors, I am not so sure!

FlyvingV, Darin8T, Jamez, anybody else- what are you guys using??
jamez  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually using a renegade disk too. the pressure plate is just a stock GM unit. I have also heard that the ford spline is the same. I did some research and it turns out that dodge also used a 1" 23 spline, doesn't mean its exactly the same though. you would probably just have to buy it and fit it to see how much play there is, hopefully you could find somewhere that would let you take it back if it doesn't fit.
I'm suprised that your clutch went out. Did the clutch chatter when being engaged? I think probably you had a bad pilot bearing, or maybe your bellhousing isn't lining up the torque tube/clutch assembly correctly.
if the clutch isn't that old I would try calling renegade and ask them, don't know how they operate over there, but maybe they would give you a new one if you convince them it was faulty...
turbobob9242  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: RE clutch setups Reply with quote

The dodge disks have a different patern though the appear the same on paper!

So stock pressure plate?? How much pwer are you making?? Torque is the key I'm in the 400 ftlbs range.

I had everything lined up and no there was/ is no chatter.

I will call renegade once I have the the motor pulled. I'm getting pretty good at it by now.
turbobob9242  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: RE new clutch setup Reply with quote

Well I received my custom race bred 8.5 cutch setup from quartermasters!

I was able to rebuild my mcleod hydraulic throw out bearing.

I have not driven it yet as I am trying to set the pedal stop first, pedal effort is pretty hard though.

I will post updates after I break it in!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: