Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 Wheels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
924Kid  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My black 8 spokes don't look so pretty anymore, I know I can have them repainted, but I'd also like to look into new 8 spokes. I have found tons of places that sell the 944 style black cookie cutters, but none for the 924. Anybody know where I might find them?
924RACR  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, doesn't look like you got any bites on this one! Problem is, the cookies are 7" wide (won't fit under the 924 bodywork without mods) and are 5-lug. If you've got the 8-spoke rims, you have the 4-bolt suspension, so it's not even an option without upgrading your brakes. While the brake upgrade is really nice, and I do recommend it, short of that you should just refinish your wheels. They can look quite nice if you use a similar paint scheme to the cookies - polished lips, black (or body-color-matched) centers.

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
924Kid  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for at least responding. I already thought about that option and know the 944 styles won't fit, and I'm not crazy about how they look anyway (especially on a 924). All I'm looking to get is *new* 924 style wheels. Just surprised that nobody manufactures them. I guess there is no demand, people just put something else on or refinish the current ones. Oh well, refinishing it is.
John H  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the stud pattern of the the 4 stud is a bit different you can find wheels to fit - some of the Alpha Romeo wheels fit. Also the European Fords can fit and the 1980's Audi.

Only problem you have is most of these wheels fit at the back but need a spacer on the front to provide clearance to the brake calliper.
My first 924 was a N/A and I used alloy wheels of an Audi - can't remenber the model but I had to put a 6mm spacer on the front.

[ This Message was edited by: John H on 2002-01-31 10:59 ]
924Kid  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, I was looking to put the same 924 8 spoke wheels on. Not any other wheels from any other car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: