Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

need front swaybar part number's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-nick  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all-
i need to know the pn for the optional 23mm front swaybar, '79- early '81. if someone has the standard 21.5mm front bar pn too, that would be great.

anybody have a pn handbook or have one laying around they could take a look at?

regards
-nick
kevrl  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

I'm not sure if its the same for an '81 car, but I have the 23mm bar on my '82 931. The part number is 94434370600 . Please check before you buy it though, like I said i'm not sure if this is the right bar for a '81 model.

Kevin
-nick  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this isn't the one i'm looking for, however the good news (for you) is you have the same style bar as all years 944/968 if you want to change to a thicker one.

i was sent this bar from an ebayer who didn't know (nor did i) that porsche starting using the 944 style front bar as early as '81. so i've got the same one in my garage that you've got on your car. unfortunately i can't fit it on my car

i'm trying to find the part number for the early 23mm bar so i can swap this later one.

thanks for checking,
-nick
Joes924  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would the sway bars front and rear bolt on to a 79 924 from an 85 944? Joe.
kevrl  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the Info, I planned anyway to fit the 27mm front 18mm rear bars from the 951, but now that I know they will fit easily, I can go ahead and buy them straight away !!

Excellent

Good luck with your search .....

Kevin
-nick  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe-
if you have a stock rear swaybar on your '79, then any rear 944/951/968 rear bars will bolt right on.

however, your front bar is going to be different and only interchangeable with pre-late-81 924 front swaybars. the biggest of these being a 23mm (what i'm looking for). although, Vince posted a thread about attaching a later front bar to an earlier car involving changing the a-arms and such. it's on this board somewhere. i don't think he's confirmed if it works or not yet. but it could be a ray of hope for us early owners wanting to go bigger than 23mm in the front and not spend $$$ on the weltmeister front bar.

regards
-nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: