Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Engines Swaps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RubenCG  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Engines Swaps Reply with quote

Hi Friends!

I came to your forum because the engine of my 924 is totally #### up and i need replace it (hole). So i have a big questions:

I live in Spain, here there isnīt many Porsche supply. Can i use engines from other cars models wiht out dificult restifications? in that case, Which one is better option? Is so simple like take out one engine and put the other one?
Iīm not looking for a competition car, i need a reliable engine, economic to use as possible.......Any way, i would like know all the diferent possibilitys because i not discard any one (actualy, a V8 must be really exciting ).

Will be great if you help me to revive my 924 (24 years old).
Yeah! thatīs all. Cheers to everyone.....
baybay
Anders_Gus  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the botom part of the engine blown? Why donīt you exchange the bottom in that case?
Look for an audi/vw bottom. 4 cyl 2 Liter from either Audi LS 2.0 -78 to -79 or vw LT 31

Itīs impossible to find another engine from another carmodel which fits "bolt-on". And Iīm not sure what "not too much modification" means for you? Are you ready to modify the whole drivetrain? Then itīs posible.
-=Lizard=-  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you must be stupid if you think you could possibble find a v8 moto that fitts with little work! easyest way, find a shitty 944, 944s, or somthing thats the easyest way!
geddes66  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to find a junkyard that has engines pulled out. look carefully at AUDI's. Sinse the engine in the 924 is of AUDI origin then there is a better chance of finding an engine from one of them. if you then want power modifications look at the 5 cyl. if not then the 4. This may be worth a trip to Germany scinse iy is only what a 15 hour drive from where you live.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: