Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

What discs will fit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swicks  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the Porsche 5-lug conversion, does anyone know of an alternative disc that could be used on a 924. I have found a few calipers that will bolt straight on, but I'm looking for a bigger and vented disc. The std disc is the same size as an early 1500cc Golf - and that didn't stop either!

I'm getting very pissed off with ny brakes!!!
Paul T.  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised you are having so much trouble with your brakes. I have standard 4 lug rotors on '77 924 with Mintex racing pads on them and stop me on a dime. They are slightly sluggish when they are cold, but after they warm up, which doesn't take very long at all, they are magnificent. I would suggest changing to a good racing pad and you will see a huge difference.
larso  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

951 or 928 brakes, depending on how expensive you want to go...
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you had a look at the brakes used by Volvo? Regardless of what you think of their cars the brakes are fantastic, vented rotors and 4-spot callipers on everything.

Don't know how easy they would fit up to the 924 hub tho.

[ This Message was edited by: Peter_in_AU on 2001-11-28 12:03 ]
jwalin  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2001 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just machine the old rotor into a hub, and find anything that will fit with the same bolt pattern. I was thinking of using the rotors off of a 240SX. Most cars nowadays have a 'hat' style rotor that bolts onto a separate hub, unlike the 4-lug 924. Another possibility is Wilwood. They can put together just about any brake system. Just make sure it fits inside your wheel!

-Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: