Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

trade out body parts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jagbridges  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time on the new board. Very impressed! Looking for a drivers side front fender for my 81 931. I backed into it with my own car! Of course it was my wifes fault somehow or another. I have a 1980 931 parts car. Lots of great parts but the fender on it has been ruined. So if anyone is somewhat close by and needs something I have, maybe we can work something out with a trade?
dwak  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take your hood and engine at the right price. Or car trade for a decent 78NA.
dwak
Jagbridges  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWAK,if I were to trade parts cars I'm more interested in getting an 81 or newer 931. Being a novice mechanic, I was ignorant of the major differences between the 1980-81 model 931. Can you e-mail pictures of the 924NA? My hood is very straight but does have peeling paint in one area. It looks like there was a fire at one time. The engine has everything torn down clear to the head. I bought it this way so I've never had the engine run and I've had it for four years. Lots of parts in boxes. The previous owner was going all out to restore this car and said the engine was running when he started pulling it apart. He settled for a cherry 931 Carrera rather than hassle with the restoration. Had many parts still in the original bags and boxes and other parts like brackets and chrome pieces powder coated and rechromed. Some of the exchangable parts I've used already. Are you willing to come all the way to KS to pull the engine and hood? If you are, make an offer.

[ This Message was edited by: Jagbridges on 2001-11-25 15:28 ]
D Hook  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this web site. http://www.stuttgartparthaus.com/

These guys are IN Kansas (Wichita?) and are good people to deal with. Probably have what you need. I've bought from them before and was worth the drive from Omaha to get the parts.

Good luck
Jagbridges  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DHook, since I grew up in Wichita I know exactly where that is. I had no idea they specialized in 924 parts. Still learning all the time. I'm still interested in trading with someone though. That's part of the fun communicating on this forum right?
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay I think I can get a hold of a drivers side 924S fender. I think the shop is asking for about $160 plus ship. Not sure if it is still there but I can check if you are interested.

Eric
Eric.Lynch@itt.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: