Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

My Porsche is more than alive! It's fricken fast!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larso  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won't be able to tell how much each thing helped

Maybe that cam gear doesn't do jack all, unless you reduce the rotational weight AND add all that other stuff. Can you borrow a buddy's stock 924 and throw it on?
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lars- I know it does some good even on a stock engine. Do the math and you'll see on paper...

put one in your car, and forget the math, just feel the difference.

I can't wait until next spring! I love driving a car with that much power...

Short story:

I was driving home from a friends house after taking out his transmission out of his 924 when another friend was driving down the road... I drove up (this being at night) and he didn't like that I was going to pass him.... He dropped it to 3rd in his twin-cam Saturn and I was in 4th gear...

I started pulling on him like crazy... now, I didn't want him to know who this was, so I backed off, then put it in 5th gear and started to accellerate again... I still was pulling on him!!! We got up to the light and he was laughing at himself... I asked him if he was trying and he said yeah... I said "Tim--- I was in 5th gear...."

You should have seen this sick looking face on him....

Fear my 24

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
John Mueller  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Saturn is slow!!!!!! There is this bridge near my parents house where I know exactly where my Saturn hits 45 mph. My 77 NA hits 45 about two car lengths prior to this point.
larso  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do the math on paper for a stock car Apple bit, but did you throw in the calculation for rotational weight? it's complicated stuff to put on paper...
larso  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I will put one in and notice a difference after it is proved that it does do something, but I'm not forking out 250 bucks for something that adds rotational weight to the engine drive, unless I can somehow find a day to do all the math with plusses and minuses. Or just wait until someone shows a dyno test.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: