Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

931 into 944 Swap...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SprintStar  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: 931 into 944 Swap... Reply with quote

Yup, you heard it right. I got a 944 body and I want to put my 931 engine in it.... It's both are '82 cars and the 944 even has the 3 screw holes for the CIS FD tab!!! The swap bar on the 944 is the 924 set up.

The cross member is different but I supposed they can be swapped? I have a thrashed 931 with good engine at my disposal.

Will the engine block bolt to the 944 bell housing? Is the clutch system the same?

Thanks!!!

Sprint.
-nick  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe you'd be all set except for the motor mounts. that maybe a little tough to fab up but everything else will bolt right together.

this must be one of the most realistic posts in this forum...!

-nick
SprintStar  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-nick wrote:
i believe you'd be all set except for the motor mounts. that maybe a little tough to fab up but everything else will bolt right together.

this must be one of the most realistic posts in this forum...!

-nick

Motor mounts are on the cross member, right? If everything else will work, I'm glad to hear it! Have you had personal experience or did you just see PET and the part numbers match up?

Hehe.. This is the first post I've not met with hostility,,,, Most would say don't do it. But I really am keen on it. Got a shpry if you want to hear...
Paul  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC you will need to use the 931's bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, etc. Then just bolt up the 944 torque tube (measure both torque tubes to verify). Clutch slave cylinders are the same, the 931 starter will work. The 931's exhaust system should be ok. You will need to use the 931's fuel pumps and engine/computer wiring harness. You will need to customize both the supply and return fuel lines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: