Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Bit by the Beaver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubletime  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Bit by the Beaver Reply with quote

I expected the PCA Club Race at Beaverun last weekened to be a small field and a low key event. My plan was to use it as a tune up for the GTS race at VIR. The first practice session I was fastest in my 25 car group so I thought what the hell lets try to keep the pole. I qualified on the pole with a 1:04:07 and was impounded and found to be OVER weight! Won the fun race and practice starts. 2nd in the Sprint Race after a 964 Cup got by me in turn one on the inside in lap 21. The combined group races I was on the pole again passed by 4 cars in the first 6 laps and clawed my way back to a overall win ! Had a ball! I am trashed. My car is trashed. No way of getting my car or me ready for this weekend. See you all next time! [/url]
924RACR  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that always the case when you try to do weekends back-to-back!?! Bummer to hear, but I hope you're only feeling worn out, and your car is still ready for more...

We're all going to be at the Beav for the Labor Day weekend and 100mi Enduro - you think you can be ready for more by then?

Great track, though, isn't it?
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Joes924Racer  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passed on lap 21 that sounds like a awesome hobby.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
raceone  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:37 am    Post subject: Trashed Doubletime Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you won't be joining us I'll reiterate Vaughan's invite for the Labor Day event!!

Denny Voss
Series Director
#4 Porsche 944
email: raceone@comcast.net
Neil924  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I was on the pole again passed by 4 cars in the first 6 laps and clawed my way back to a overall win"

Sounds like a kickass hobby!
doubletime  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

]

The car is fine just due for a serious full tech after that workout. Me on the other hand am sleeping well.

Labor Day sounds great. No racing on the schedule for two months so in a week or so I will regret missing VIR.

This photo (if I posted correctly) is the sprint race start (25 laps). You can see the green flag mid right. Ole yeller is out in front.http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albun03/DSC_1770
Mroadracer  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your pics are great I looked at them all!

What are some lap time at all the tracks in the pics.

Beaver
The Glen
Summit
VIR

M3 GTS 3
doubletime  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lap times do not mean much. I am a new track driver, maybe 28 months since I learned what apex meant. After 40 DE's and 15 or so races I am getting the hang of it now but driving any race car to its max efficiency requires some intensive concentration (as you know). So last year I drove 2:19 at the Glen and 2:12 this year. 1:25 last year at Summit Point and 1:22 this year. 1:02 at Lime Rock, Sebring/CMP/VIR & Roebling I was pretty quick for my class but I will have to look it up the times. I have hired some pro's to work with me and they demonstrate my car at 1:22 at Roebling when I was working like a dog to get a 1:24. So the bottom line is that I will be a work in progress for a while yet. Improving all the time but have a ways to go. My car is fast for a stock car with a small motor. My competition run 3.8's at 300-320 hp. I have a US 3.6 at 282 hp and our cars are the same weight. So I tried to make up for it by getting rid of rubber motor mounts and rubber anywhere in the suspension. Seems to have helped a lot.

How do you like that photo album? Some great shots!
924RACR  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

I can comment that GTS2/ITS cars can turn 1:08's/1:09's at Beaverun... I myself was turning 1:14's there (GTS1/ITA car), but expect to pick up plenty more time over the Labor Day weekend, partly due to more experience/better setup, and partly due to upgrades...
'82 931 Plat. Silver
NINEEAGLES  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Beaverun compare to these other tracks.....I am fairly local to Beaverun (1 1/2 away) and am very interested in getting into some DE and autocross to start.......I don't have unlimited funds to put into this right now but wow....I am bit, too.......
924RACR  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It compares very favorably, IMO - sure, I'd rather be at Mid-O, but it's easily my 2nd-fav track in CENDIV so far... (after Mid-O)
'82 931 Plat. Silver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: