Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

slowest 911 on the track AGAIN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubletime  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:09 am    Post subject: slowest 911 on the track AGAIN Reply with quote

Well my effort to recruit some other 911's for the VIR race has backfired. The 3 911's and 1 944turbo that have agreed to register are w-a-y fast. 2 of these drivers, 996 Cup car & GT3RS have more track time at VIR than most of us have at 5 tracks. Maybe they will create a vortex to drag me around the track [/img]
924RACR  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, gee, if you can set up a tow fund, I might be able to find my way down there to give you something to beat!
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
raceone  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: VIR Reply with quote

Nice job recruiting!! Karl has "Signed Up" at our website but no sign of the other two yet.

Don't forget there's always those BMW's to try and beat up on!!!

Besides, we've classed you in GTS4 and all those other P-cars you've mentioned will be GTSU cars... unless of course you WANT to be in GTSU!!
#4 Porsche 944
email: raceone@comcast.net
doubletime  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only GTS4 car? Does that mean if I finish I am first in class?

I would like to thank my sponsors, my mother but most of all GTS4 cars for staying home.

Why are BMW people always working on their brakes? Just wondering if I should be doing something to my brakes...
raceone  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: GTS Challenge VIR event Reply with quote

I don't know who has registered yet but please feel free to enjoy the feeling!!

There were a couple of very fast M3's at the Summit event and I hope they'll join you in GTS4. Just don't count those chickens before...

Given your contacts getting others signed up, just find 10 more friends that are GTS4 and sign them up. Bingo -- instant competition.
#4 Porsche 944
email: raceone@comcast.net
GT3Cup  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Haoppy to have you in GTSU Reply with quote

Hey Bill,

Why don't turn the yellowbird over to your wife to run DEs in and get a real race car, so you can run with us in GTSU?

Karl
doubletime  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of one huge reason...$. Buying a GT car cost too much to race. Buying a 993 Cup is too close to what I have. The 996 Cup car is great but the group is a little to intense for me. Look at Franco. This is his warm up lap. The only car that was a total loss at the Glen was a 996 Cup. The most serious incident at Lime Rock, 996 Cup. I will stick with the stock classes and just have fun co-existing.

See you at BeaveRun Karl!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: