Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

updated my site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joes924  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated my site so all of you know what Im doing to my 924.

http://www.geocities.com/jod35.geo/project924.html
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Joe,

what's the deal on the VW rods you're planning on using? Lighter, stronger, cheaper? Haven't heard anything about those.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, what does "lapping" the vales mean. Also having the block decked? Explain the terms, We don't use them here that I know of. By the way,havn't seen anything in the mail yet.
Joes924  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lapping thats a hand valve job, if the sealing surfaces are not straight, use new valves.Use the coarse lapping compound then fine lapping compound.By smearing a bit on the sealing surface then pressing the suction end of the lapping tool on the valve face you turn it
lifting the valve every so often until you get a even matt color in the compound.
Do it again with the fine com. after cleaning up the coarse untill you get a dull color. Done lapping the valves.If your valves are not sealing up.

Decking & milling are used to finish the cyl. & block. It was once used by hot rodders to raise the comp. On a porsche motor this is only done to ensure everthings flat.Decking of the block does that and bgings piston height to its correct height.
If on a 944 you blow a head gasket and dont check the head for warpage you stand a good chance of having it happen again.Only have enough mat. removed to correct the prob. removinf to much will cause warping and static timing problems.

[ This Message was edited by: Joes924 on 2001-10-29 10:50 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: