Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

1982-924NA 'popping' on decell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awilson40  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After adding a free flowing exhaust, I get a pit of popping when decelling, downshifting and, sometimes, when briskly upshifting. Mixture seems fine and all 'lambda' circuits are functioning. Is this normal when changing exhaust?
Thanks
924RACR  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not uncommon... I've got quite a bit of popping, with my MSDS header, 2.5" pipe, and single bullet (through-flow glasspack-style) muffler.

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
jamez  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine does the same thing too...
bacook  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can look really cool as well! Porsche better get their act together if they plan to ever beat these GTRs!

http://www.fastdetails.com/alms/pics/spBMW43Airwa8.jpg
Zuffen  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common problem it seems as I have it at times after a hard run. I wonder if the decel valve is loosing effectiveness.

I have Way too many cars, parts for the 931,944 and 951
awilson40  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.
BTW... I removed the Decell valve on mine. It was working properly, but I saw no difference with it on. The plastic port on the intake that the decell went to had broken off so I just plugged it and removed the decell valve.
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the car running otherwise? How is it under part throttle? Mine was acting similary until I retarded the timing just a bit. Seems I had it set to agressively. Not sure where it is at the moment. It is being painted at the moment. Anyway try a bit less advance and see what happens. Helped mine. I have bursh header and 2.5 inch exhaust. You can see my system on my site under my projects.

Eric
awilson40  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, good idea. I might retard the timing a bit. I think I'm running a few degrees advance over spec. It runs great otherwise, no hesitation or flat spots. It has always idled a bit rougher than I would like but not too bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: