Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Dead Post

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpt_koolbeenz  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Dead Post Reply with quote

Dead Post

Last edited by cpt_koolbeenz on Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
924 turbo  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My, my, what a mess. You might be able to scavenge a few hundred in parts off of the car. I hope you aren't considering buying it to rebuild, because, frankly, it's not worth it. Given your description and those pictures, I wouldn't pay more than $100-$200, considering you'll have to incur some expense in transporting it.

It looks like someone tried to jack it up by the front valence. Nice move.

Looks like it has a pretty serious wiring problem as well.

Dig those Jeff Gordon floormats (is that what those are?).

So sad.

Even in the best case, where the rest of the body is perfect, and all you need is a fender, a valence, some interior restoration, and paint, you'll still need to buy new gaskets for the turbo, plus a used transmission, plus redoing some of the wiring. You're looking at $1500-$2000 just to get the car looking decent and driving okay. That doesn't even count if you will need a rebuilt turbo, any brake work, suspension work, tires, etc.

You can easily buy a decent running turbo for $2000, and for $3000 you'll probably even get one with very good paint and a straight body. I suggest you wait until a better deal comes along.

Oh, and you might just want to link to those pictures, or resize them. They're huge, and the 56k people will have your head.
wdb  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you already owned that car and had to get rid of it in a month ,and parted it out . I think the 4 wheels and rims would sell for $100 easy 4 wheel disk brake settup $200,sway bars-shocks-springs-struts $100 .engine torque tube trans $200 .fenders,hood ,glass and doors $100. streering column gauges, electricals (relays etc) $100 .scrap the body $50 = $850 I'd say if you have a place to put it , its worth uhh , what are your plans if your gonna restore a 931 ? not haveing to hunt down parts,search ebay for months ,is gotta be worth something . that cars is worth a $1000 easy in parts , but I would try not to give that much for it . if you have a place to put it and the money, BUY IT . the worst that could happen is you'll break even parting it out .
924martinirossi  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you describe the 931S options on it?

Michael
81turbo  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "S" option is just the five bolt brake set up. So I guess every 931 81+ turbo is technically an "S2" (damn digital timing is the best thing they ever did to the car)

Ryan
81 931 S2
cpt_koolbeenz  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeah the pics are a little big
thanks for your input everyone im supposed to see it today, so... if anyone else has advice for me that would be great
924martinirossi  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The "S" option is just the five bolt brake set up. So I guess every 931 81+ turbo is technically an "S2" (damn digital timing is the best thing they ever did to the car)

Not true at all, look here:

http://www.924.org/models/924_S_model.htm

Michael
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it runs and drives...I'd pay $500 for it. If it runs and drives well, I'd consider $700.

I got my 80 931 for $500, it bearly ran (though the actual problem was just a bad fuel pump and the freq. valve was not grounded), the 1, 2, and 4th synchros were toast, and the interior was completely gutted, but I still think I got a good deal. I've had to put a new wastegate diaphragm in for $60, and I put a (mostly) good transmission in for $200. I replaced the entire interior, $250 for new carpet kit, $480 for NICE aftermarket seats, $100 for door and rear quarter panels, $50 for rear seat....and now I am going crazy with the body mods.

Also, if you end up getting it, I've got some extra silver front fenders from my '80 931 if you wanted to buy them from me. I'm guessing you are in Oregon, since the plate on that car is an OR plate.......I'm in Eugene.
81turbo  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

924martinirossi wrote:
Quote:

Not true at all, look here:

http://www.924.org/models/924_S_model.htm

Michael

Ah yes Michael, I must have forgotten that a car in this impeccable condition must have a gleaming well maintained factory suspension underneath. After 20+ years and Jeff Gordon floor mats I am sure the Konis have been rebuilt to factory specs and not replaced with a fine set of Monroes.

I bet if anything is still there the number of years put on them and lack of care leaves them useless.
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with the dead post edits on this thread? Did you decide not to get it?
cpt_koolbeenz  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I didn't get it. It was trashed. Dead post is because I didn't want anyone to get mad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: