Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Body Damage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porsche_924srus  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1978 Porsche 924, which has been wrapped around a tree. The car hit right in the middle of the back, and the bumper broke in half, and it is folded in the back as you can imagine what it would look like. The frame might be bent, and the hatchback window broke. What does anyone recommend I do? Should I start fixing it again? If so, where do I start?
Diesel  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all of the parts you need, E-mail me if you decide to fix it.
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really depends where on the planet you live and what the value of a 924 is there (if you filled out the "From" box on your profile we'd already know).

If you live in the US and have someone like Diesel near you then it might be worth your time to repair.

I'd say that the first thing to do is to get it to a good body shop and get the frame checked. The busted hatch glass really means it probably won't be worth repairing unless you can get one really cheap and if the frame is out it probably is not an economic repair.

If it was a really top car it might be worth looking for a good body shell and swapping everything over.

Which ever way you go it's a lot of work. Might be better to strip it and buy a better one with the money you get from the parts
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two doors, two hoods, two hatches, rear and fornt glass, electric window motors, rads and fans, wheels 15 in with brand new yokes AVS, 14in wheels in good condition, 4 and 5 speed trannies with torque tubes and shifter bars, Brand New Momo Competition wheel, full plaid interior, some motors, a head bell housing, block, and a few others. I am in the NYC area. Need parts? Pick up and we make lunch for you and your friends. Except for Lars. Bring your own lunch.
Zuffen  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start over, wrecked uni bodies are not an easy fix and most repairs look like hammered *&^%.

I've got an 80 chassis with a engine burn that you can pretty much have depending what parts you want to leave bolted on.

If you think you want to repair the back let me know as I have several free donor cars.
All free unless I have to do the work than it starts costing.

Just my opinion.

I have Way too many cars, parts for the 931,944 and 951
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: