Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

soft brake pedal problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badenkb  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI All

I'm currently overhauling the brakes on my 924 project and i Noticed before I started that I had a very soft brake pedal - it would push to the floor and I could hear what sounded like an air leak when I did this coming from the brake servo region.
Anyhow, today I was replacing the rear brake linesand on disconnecting them, no brake fluid came out of the master cylinder, despite there being fluid in the reservoir but I could here a gurgling sound as though air was being displaced by fluid.
Does anyone have any idea whats going on? I will be bleeding the brakes shortly, but am wondering if a master cylinder seal is faulty???
Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Ian
77 924
P.S. All brake components are being replaced.
924martinirossi  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gurgling could be fluid being pushed past the rear seal in the master cylinder and being forced into the vacume booster unit. No fluild comming out of the master cylinder could be caused by rust clogging up the hole where the line runs.

After all, brake fluid is hydroscopic.

Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: