Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

carbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccohens  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want more power for my '79 and made the decision to go with sidedraft webers and a cam. Picked the carbs, but not sure what cam I will go for. It is a track car primarily, I want a redline of about 7000 and better pull than the stock motor. Any ideas on how the webers will work with a stock cam? Will the stock springs be OK up to my desired redline or do I upgrade them also? I plan to up the compression next year, budget is pretty much shot. I'm also a little curios how much of a mileage drop I will see with the carbs. Highway driving, I know around town will probably suck. The car is a blast on the track, you would not believe how big someones eyes get when they find out their boxster S was passed by a 120HP 924.(until the straight that is!)
Joes924  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2001 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Roy went that route you can see pics of his car under the memberslist.He has a few other mods.

[ This Message was edited by: Joes924 on 2002-05-26 18:17 ]
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive I have a picture on the site under the 77 year of my engine with the carbs.
You can visit the french 924 and for sure there is a picture of the engine compartment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: