Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Replacing Stock Fans with Aftermarket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricomartinez  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about this for all benefits previously mentioned. Have following questions:
1. What are the CFM rates of the stock fans?
2. What are the current ratings of the stock fans? (So I don't burn the stock wiring.)

Probably more questions to follow.
Thanks.
Dave  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want to know this??? IS your car running to hot?? If it is dont replace the fans. Get a performance radiater. They have more cooling rows and are built better. I think I read somewhere that they are 45% better in cooling then the stock ones
ricomartinez  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My temp gauge never (yeah, I'll be knocking on wood for the next coupla days) goes above the 1/2-way mark. But, I can hear/feel the fans coming on all the time.
The reason I'm considering the new fans? Well, just look at what some modern fans look like. Then go look at ours. The new ones take up less space, are lighter, will definitely be smoother, and aren't that expensive. Since we already have the controlling system, all we need are the fans themselves. I'm also willing to bet that they will draw less current, thereby taking up less engine output and stressing our elecrical system less. In my Jeg's catalog, I'm looking at $60-70 each.
I'm also curious about the CFM ratings because maybe I'll only need one new fan to match the stock dual setup. Anyone know?
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never measured it, but SINCE my stock fan was not doing it's job properly under hot weather, I bought a new performance fan from Performance Products and I've never looked back. I junked the stock fan...

Get the one with two fans...they use it on the rice burners.

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: