Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

New Guy Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marshall  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I am looking at a 82 924, 38000 miles auto trans, 4 lug spiders and a/c....
Texas car=little to no rust. Previous body damage that was repaired poorly. Poor paint up close. But it really looks like a 38000 mile car..

The owner says it needs a flywheel damper. Anybody know how much the parts are and how hard it is to install?

What kind of 0-60, 1/4 mile times, and gas mileage should I expect?

The guy is asking $1100 and seems pretty firm. I am not going to give him that much, but how much should I offer him?

Anybody know of a cheap 924 in the N. Texas area?

Thanks,
Marshall
Zuffen  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used flywheel dampers are rare, and new are very expensive from the dealer. They fit any 944 auto I belive so u can check that route.

You have to pull the exhaust, trans and yank the tube back.

1100 seems fair for running nice no major problems 924 auto.

They aren't fast and not a easy swap to a manual trans.

Gas milage should be a tad better than the stick shift. You'll have to ask the 924 NA guys what they are getting.

The auto trans is an audi unit found even in the audi cars. It can take a little extra HP before spewing itself all over the road.

The setup doesn't do the car justice, but if you want or like automatic they aren't too bad.

As for cars in your area, well head North up the highway about 5 hours and I'll show you 6 931's.

3 924 77,77,80 all for parts
4 944 82,84,85,86 all for parts
1 sad 912 for parts

[ This Message was edited by: Zuffen on 2001-09-21 14:27 ]
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Bob said is basically correct. I just wanted to add that the auto is VERY slow! Most of the articles that I read about the autos say.... stay away! It is a 3 speed auto with lazy gears. The NA 924 is not a speed demon... but take way 2 gears and yikes it is down right SLOW! I do not know how easy it is to convert to 5 spd... have to fall back on Bobs comments for that.

Good luck with it if you purchase it. Oh have you actually driven it? One thing going for you is that there are very few if any large hills in your area.

Eric
D Hook  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd keep looking if I were you. There's other models out there that have more power and are in very good running condition. Check Ebay. There's usually '87 and '88 924S's on there that have a higher mileage but are in better condition. The actual mileage on the one you're looking at should be suspect anyway, since these things are notorious for broken odometers/speedometers.
Keep looking. You'll find one. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: