Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

PCA and Registers and Forums (mild rant)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

next time the PCA start whining tell them that the 924 discussion board has been hijacked by some guy in Australia who isn't even a member of the PCA (down here the PCA is the Porsche Club of Australia which is the name taken by the club down in Melbourne, Victoria. I belong to the PCNSW and they don't have a problem with water-coolers, they even let boxters join).

Being a really generous guy, he doesn't mind if PCA members post on the board.

[ This Message was edited by: Peter_in_AU on 2001-08-20 18:07 ]
Revis Rose  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a 911 owner who's first Porsche was a '77 924 that I raced until I broke it. Let me agree with ya, and are all 911 owners snobs? No, only most of them. I found that there are some really great people driving 911's, I am a member of the R Gruppe, a bunch of middle age guys with pre-73 911 psydo R-type/semi-race cars, a.k.a Hot Rods. Why do we do it? Because it's fun. I met them down at EASY Porsche in Emeryville, CA, one Saturday morning about three years ago. They had some really cool long nose 911's there, they had some neat stuff on thier cars like home made reproduction parts on their cars. These guys were real greese under the nails hot rodders. I told them that I had a 911 project car. They were real helpful and their only concern was that I get my car up and on the street. Are all 911 owners like this? No, I am sorry to say.

The 924 is a common mans Porsche, you can pick one up for little or nothing and with a little work and help for a bunch of renagades on this list you can have a fine car capable of doing 110 all day. I have to say that it is not as fast or as quick as I would like. It is relatively heavy, and the motor can't make real power for reasonable amount money. But so what! I like these little cars, as for as I am concerned they offer the most bang for the buck of any Porsche. As some of you know I bought my '81 for $400.00 a year later it is still serving me well. I have less than a $1000.00 into it, including a the cost of replacing both of the fuel pumps.

I don't like that Country Club crowd either. But something to remember about most of those people is that they have a differant set of priorities than us. to them a Porsche is a Status Symbol. Which is in a trickle down way good for us. Some of us were mistaken by thinking that Porsche is a sports car company, when in realality Porsche, is a luxery car company, that races it's cars. The cheepest Boxster is over $45000, to be able to afford a car that cost that much the buyer is not likely going to be the greese under the finger nails type. Sure the PCA is full snobs, and I am not a better person because I'm a member of a the PCA. The PCA is a better club because I am a member.
Blas Costagli  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the Porsche Purists dont believe in anything but air cooling. and probably never will. We water cooled people, have stood by the wayside for years. The 928's were accepted by the "big boys club" only because of their lofty price tags.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ja, well, who gives a rip... I race the wheels off my '24 all weekend long, trade paint, scare the wildlife, brave the weather, come home with a stupid grin, then hop in my '31 and drive it to work the next morning... doesn't get any better than this, boys!

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
larso  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whhoever wins wins, the 924 carerra gt in the 80s came first many times in porsche races, but didn't get respected because it only lasted till 82 and the 911 lasted further.

Ever read those excellence mags with the articles about teh orange 911 turbos, all those old 80s racers, and in the articles it always says "it was only beaten by one car, the carrera gt", and then they speak nothing else of it, just continue on about the 911.
larso  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still doesn't make sense why would porsche end a carrera gt if it was winning??? the engine deal was cut off, 2 litre engines weren't available anymore to porsche, so why couldn't porsche maek them themselves for christ sake, what is up with this company?? porsche always puzzles me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: