Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

BMWCCA Stock Prepared cars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
924RACR  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: BMWCCA Stock Prepared cars Reply with quote

In a review of the rules, it would appear we neglected to include the BMWCCA Stock Prepared class of cars. I will be updating the GTS webpage later today, but consider this official notice of the following class assignments:

GTS3 = BMWCCA H Stock and I Stock
GTS2 = BMWCCA J Stock and K Stock
GTS1 = BMWCCA L Stock and M Stock

Cars running in BMWCCA Stock prep level must meet BMWCCA rules and weights for Stock class. ANY modification not permitted by BMWCCA Stock rules will require the car to be classed per GTS rules.

Also keep in mind that ALL cars participating in the GTS Challenge must meet all NASA safety requirements as stated in the Rules page of the GTS Challenge website.
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
vehdyn  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this for all of the cars in those categories? The reason I say is because in 2003 the rules have changed a little. In 2003, I stock and Prepared had 1995 M3 3.0l and Z3 3.0l coupes and such. H stock and Prepared had 96-99 M3 3.2l, M Coupes, and 95 M3 lightweights. In 2003 things were changed to have all e36 M3 3.0 and 3.2 (with the exception of the lightweights) and M coupes in I stock and prepared. THe H stock and prepared is where the e46 M3s run. I think thy may have changed with a clarification to allow the 95 Lightweights to run in I class with a weight addition. So..... if you specify only e36s that is one thing, but if you want the whole H stock class to run you may have some new e46s. Perhaps that would work better ultimately in GTS4? Thanks.
bmw22  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Agreed. Reply with quote

Only 3 series cars E36 and older can compete in GTS as of now. We should have made that clear when we added the BMW Stock classes.
325is GTS2 #22
mailto:markbarr@wpa.net
924RACR  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, check it out now, for wording, etc.
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Rules and Regs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: