Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Franco Cam Gears

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: apple_bit@mac.com
Date: 14 Jul 2001
Time: 15:59:10

Ok listen up everyone! I know I am the first to put the Franco cam gear on my car... and I did it last night!!!

I just want to let everyone know this:

If you haven't bought one, you better! If you really really truly want to see a change in your cars performance this is NOT B.S.! I love this thing! I have yet to tune my car a little better but this thing is incredible!

http://thorin.adnc.com/~figf/

Tell George I sent ya if you go to buy one. Not like your going to get a rebate or anything... but him and I have been in contact just to make sure this has no difficulties-- because he said there wouldn't-- and there was none! It took 15 minutes to put this in the car and this is the best $300 I have spent! (It costs a little more after shipping)

Do you have questions about this? Ask George Franco at the website. You have questions for me? I'll keep everyone updated. I am checking the ignition timing to figure out the best timing and I might pay $45 to get my distributor recurved to take even more advantage of this gear. I definetly got 5+ horse and when I had my distributor at a certain degree I pro'lly had over 10 horse increase in the low rpms! No I am not kidding! This is incredible!

anyways- now that I've made such a big deal of all this... check out the website...

- Jon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: ricomartinez@yahoo.com
Time: 16:37:09

Jon, you've got to tell us more! What is the rest of the story on your engine mods? What cam specs do you have? Will this guy give volume discounts at all? Are you gonna get it dynoed?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: l_porsche@hotmail.com
Time: 17:50:55

dont spend 45 bucks to get it recurved get a programmable MSD ignition....unless they are like 400 bucks?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: l_porsche@hotmail.com
Time: 17:53:22

Jon are you trying this on a normal stock NA 924?

Becuase I will bet you 500 000 bucks that this thing is a hell of a lot more effective on a car that already has a lot of other clean up jobs (p&P, a cam, and exhaust)

What I am saying is, please try it on a 924 NA stock too and tell us what it does....if you have one?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Date: 15 Jul 2001
Time: 01:15:11

I'll take it off and try it on two other 924's when I get a chance... but yet, it will work MUCH better on a modded 924...

on a stock engine I would not be surprised to see a little change though! I'll talk with a buddy of mine and ask if he wants to get one and we'll check her out!

- Jon McCullough

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time: 01:26:19

:::Answers in order:::

What is the rest of the story on your engine mods?
Look at my website (see link below). The items I list are just engine modifications and not suspension, or other drivetrain modifications... Ram Air intake, modified vacuum system (none!), Audi 5000S throttle body, port & polish, webcam stage 1 camshaft, 10:1 pistons, lightened rods, everything balanced, ceramic coated headers, 2.5" exhaust with turbo muffler (and a cat right now.... only for right now ), Early 77 ignition distributor for better advance, Jacob's Electronics Ignition System

What cam specs do you have?
Webcam stage 1 specs...goto www.webcaminc.com to get the complete info...

valve lift .517 duration 257 degrees

Will this guy give volume discounts at all?
I did talk with him before and a quantity of 5 or more he will discount. From the change to my car I would encourage a mass purchase and am willing to help cordinate it to save a little for everyone. This __IS__ worth the money he is asking for!

Are you gonna get it dynoed?
Yes- I am going to get a few more thousand miles on the car as it is just about 1200 miles and the engine is still a little tight due to the forged pistons

Are you the kewlest person in the world?
I've been told so.... :-)

- Jon "Fast and Furious 924!" McCullough

Http://www.come.to/924.org

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time: 01:34:49

ok guys, here's an update on the Franco Cam Gear...

it's kewl to watch the cam timing adjust by itself!

I did discover after I advanced my timing the engine is pinging... this is my fault and I will be changing the timing back....

I got more lower end horsepower this way anyways... the new cam I will put in will not loose any low end torque and MAJORLY increase the upper end horsepower with the variable cam timing (in theory)...

so the car digs into the ground in 2nd gear going 10 miles an hour and then full throttle on my parents dirt road.... heh- I could always do that before, but good grief! This thing has so much low end grunt to it and with the current cam (which is the webcam stage 1-- pretty much a stock cam!!!) that it just pulls like crazy up to about 4000 rpm before with the ignition timing...

I think there is an in between timing I can pro'lly do from where I have it now to where it was and should be....

GUYS THIS IS FREAKIN COOL!

- Jon "7 degrees, no 5 degrees, no TDC, hey... no! negative 3 degrees?! Whoa!" McCullough

http://www.come.to/924.org

or otherwise known as

- Jon "I need new material" .com :-)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: