Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Turbo s2 thread in type

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mariusraael  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:48 am    Post subject: Turbo s2 thread in type Reply with quote

Hello! Long time time watcher, first time poster:
I have an 82 turbo, and I’m about to remove the injectors because I suspect they are faulty. But in Haynes manual it says the turbo types are screw in types, and I believe I remember some part of it no longer available so caution is advised? How do I remove the injectors safely?
Best regards Marius[/img]
924RACR  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct; the 931 injectors do thread in, and the head inserts which they screw into (which subsequently screw into the head) are no longer available and easily stripped - even on removal!!!

First of all: see if you can wiggle the injectors, while still installed, in the head. If so - look closely, the plastic inserts are probably loose in the head, causing vacuum/boost leaks.

If not, thank your lucky stars.

If they are... you'll need to address that.

To remove safely without breaking the injector cups in the head - you will want to carefully hold the insert from turning with a 17mm wrench on that hex, then unscrew the injector (obviously after removing the fuel lines) with the 12mm wrench I think it is.

Likewise, when reinstalling, just be sure to hold a 17mm wrench on the insert when tightening.

Good luck!
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
mariusraael  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate! Appreciate your reply!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: