Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 Martini Championship Edition fix-up thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
65sprint  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: 924 Martini Championship Edition fix-up thread Reply with quote

Hi everybody, Newbie here. I just bought this car that has been sitting since 2013 and am going to resurrect it and use it as a local driver (supermarket, ice cream stand, etc.). The current condition of this car is fair. I'm not new to Porsches; I had a 914 when I was a teenager back in the 1980's and a 928 Weissach Edition when I was in my twenties back in the 90's. This time around I was actually looking for a Lotus Europa or a Corvair project but just couldn't find one for sale. So then one day this Martini came up for sale locally for $800, so I figured I'll give it a try. The nice thing about this car is that it appears that it was very well maintained, and also driven into storage. It's also 100% complete and original (except for the radio). It still has all the emissions and fuel evap/charcoal equipment. The bad thing is that it looks like alot of the years of storage was outdoors without a cover. So as a result, most of the damage is weather/sitting related. So my plan is to perform all typical maintenance associated with cars stored long term, and then clean it up and have fun driving it. [/img]
BTRacing  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see another Martini being saved. I am working on restoring one at the moment. Good luck with the project.
1993 Mercedes 190E Sportline LE, one of 700 made
2020 Ford F350 Tremor daily driver/tow pig
1974 Moto Guzzi Cafe Racer
2002 Formula Fastech 382
65sprint  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is somewhat on hold because I don't have a website to upload photos from.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of folks seem to use imgur
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: