Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Battery Compartment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeneese  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject: Battery Compartment Reply with quote

Any new methods of repairing or replacing a 924 rusted battery compartment. Maybe a replacement sheet metal compartment replacement if somebody makes them. Would like to do this right, not all the bondo and fiberglass "repairs" I have seen in the past.

Porsche 1982 Euro Spec 924
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BTRacing  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no replacement panels available as far as I know. I repaired my 925 turbo with piece cut out from the other car. Complicated repair if you want to do it right. Metal has multi layers in some spots and there are blind compartments impossible to weld. Find a clean 0an from parts car, cut it way bigger then what you need and then start drilling out spot welds and trim as necessary.
1993 Mercedes 190E Sportline LE, one of 700 made
2020 Ford F350 Tremor daily driver/tow pig
1974 Moto Guzzi Cafe Racer
2002 Formula Fastech 382
jeneese  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTRacing wrote:
There is no replacement panels available as far as I know. I repaired my 925 turbo with piece cut out from the other car. Complicated repair if you want to do it right. Metal has multi layers in some spots and there are blind compartments impossible to weld. Find a clean 0an from parts car, cut it way bigger then what you need and then start drilling out spot welds and trim as necessary.
Thankyou for the quick reply. I was afraid the answer I would get but such is life. Also checking in Europe and see what they do but probably the same. To find a donor car here in the rust belt is impossible but will keep trying. Thanks again.

Jim

Porsche 1982 Euro Spec 924
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: