Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

pulse sender

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
antoninosavoca  



Joined: 27 Jun 2016
Posts: 4
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: pulse sender Reply with quote

My 924 turbo m.y. 1983, no more starts , the pulse sender ,no more works.Last year Porsche said they will produce again this part in few months ,but they did not.
I wrote to Porsche classic section to ask and they told me they decided now not to produce it.
I try to find one used,help me , please, .or i have read abouth 123 ignition conversion,anyone had experience with it ?Really it works in 924 turbo 177cv?Is it an alternative to pulse sender?
Thank you v. m. in advance
best regards from Italy
Antonino
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
morghen  



Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 8274
Location: Romania

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy the ready to install Mittelmotor dizzy that includes the 123ignition hardware.
Or you can buy a used sensor...there are a few around.

I may be selling my two sensors this winter as i'm thinking of upgrading to full EFI.
_________________
SUPERCHARGED Ruby-sh 924
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carrera RSR  



Joined: 08 Jan 2010
Posts: 2104
Location: Somerset, UK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option 1. Someone may offer you a used sender for lots of uro. It may work for many years. It may not. You may be searching for 1 day or many months as they are not for sale very often. So make an offer to Morghen if he sells his.

Option 2. The Mittelmotor version of the 123ignition is factory look, adjustable spark control, will make the car drive better than the factory sensor/DITC control unit. This costs circa 900 or less if you buy direct

Option 3. The 123ignition version is not factory look. Does the exact same job as Mittelmotor version but cost circa 50% or less

The 123ignition solution is very easy to fit and use. I have had mine for 2.5 years
_________________
1980 931 - forged pistons, Piper cam, K27/26 3257 6.10 hybrid turbo, 951 FMIC, custom intake, Mittelmotor dizzy & cam pulley, H&S exhaust, GAZ Gold, Fuch'ed, Quaife
Now www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=34690
Then www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=31252
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
antoninosavoca  



Joined: 27 Jun 2016
Posts: 4
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: pulse sender Reply with quote

Thank you v. m. Carrera and Morghen.
I will think abouth
Ciao
Antonino
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Coco_Lev  



Joined: 04 May 2020
Posts: 46
Location: France

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrera RSR wrote:

Option 2. The Mittelmotor version of the 123ignition is factory look, adjustable spark control, will make the car drive better than the factory sensor/DITC control unit. This costs circa �900 or less if you buy direct


It appears that the dizzy doesn't show up the air intake temperature sensor. Is it true?
Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cdric  



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Posts: 2077
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coco_Lev wrote:
Carrera RSR wrote:

Option 2. The Mittelmotor version of the 123ignition is factory look, adjustable spark control, will make the car drive better than the factory sensor/DITC control unit. This costs circa �900 or less if you buy direct


It appears that the dizzy doesn't show up the air intake temperature sensor. Is it true?
Thanks


Yeah, it's a bit unfortunate that there is no temp compensation on 123, technically the DITC is a better solution in some ways. But with clear draw backs as its not easily adjustable and the frigging sensor. Can't for my life understand why porsche starts selling all sorts of nonsense in their classic parts line up, the only thing we need that wasn't available before is the frigging sensor
_________________
1980 924 Turbo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Coco_Lev  



Joined: 04 May 2020
Posts: 46
Location: France

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C�dric wrote:

Yeah, it's a bit unfortunate that there is no temp compensation on 123, technically the DITC is a better solution in some ways. But with clear draw backs as its not easily adjustable and the frigging sensor. Can't for my life understand why porsche starts selling all sorts of nonsense in their classic parts line up, the only thing we need that wasn't available before is the frigging sensor


Thanks for your feedback Cedric
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morghen  



Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 8274
Location: Romania

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C�dric wrote:
Can't for my life understand why porsche starts selling all sorts of nonsense in their classic parts line up, the only thing we need that wasn't available before is the frigging sensor


boiling us up before hitting us with a high price so we're desperate enough to buy it by then
_________________
SUPERCHARGED Ruby-sh 924
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group