Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

New fuel delivery (?) issue?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dot on the back side of the cam pulley right?
Just look under the oil cap and make sure the cam loves are pointing upwards for #1 while #1 is at tdc and you are on compression stroke..

Technically you can start the plug wires anywhere you want on the distributor cap as long as you also start the distributor correctly for them and they are still in the correct order.. But usually you would want to point the distributor rotor pointing at the #1 cylinder, like toward the front left of the car where it is on the pickup on the dist cap, and start #1 there.. iirc..
bureau13  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, dot on the back of the cam pulley...although the oil cap trick is pretty good way to confirm, I never thought of that.

Fasteddie313 wrote:
Dot on the back side of the cam pulley right?
Just look under the oil cap and make sure the cam loves are pointing upwards for #1 while #1 is at tdc and you are on compression stroke..

Technically you can start the plug wires anywhere you want on the distributor cap as long as you also start the distributor correctly for them and they are still in the correct order.. But usually you would want to point the distributor rotor pointing at the #1 cylinder, like toward the front left of the car where it is on the pickup on the dist cap, and start #1 there.. iirc..

2007 Hummer H3 (Daily Driver)

Past lives (I miss them all):
2004 RX-8 (Wrecked)
1993 RX-7 (Sold)
1987 RX-7 Turbo II (Sold)
1985 RX-7 GSL (Stolen)
bureau13  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update....I gave up on trying to get the old dizzy to work, and put the Mittelmotor back in. Of course it worked fine, now that it has been sitting idle for a while. I have no idea why that is, but it's the second time that has happened. However, I got an email from Mittelmotor saying they shipped my exchange to TRE already, so I don't think it would be right to tell them to hang on it until it starts failing again, so I pulled it back off and send it in. I also finally spoke to the TRE person (Jonathan) who is familiar with this stuff, so we're all on the same page there. He'll send me the new one as soon as he gets the one from me, and I'll put it on once I get it.
2007 Hummer H3 (Daily Driver)

Past lives (I miss them all):
2004 RX-8 (Wrecked)
1993 RX-7 (Sold)
1987 RX-7 Turbo II (Sold)
1985 RX-7 GSL (Stolen)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: