Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Word of Thanks in Appreciation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregSC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:25 am    Post subject: Word of Thanks in Appreciation Reply with quote

Hey all,

Just finished up quite a bit of work on my 931 and I wanted to pass along a word of thanks in appreciation for all those that helped me get my car running better than it ever has. From the exhaust manifold back I replaced all the gaskets and hardware with new, rebuilt the wastegate, had the turbo rebuilt by Charlie at Evergreen Turbo, piped in a manual boost controller, and to top it all off installed one of Dan's air to air intercoolers. Of course that necessitated getting an NA hood fitted with a hood scoop (Which John from A.I.R. supplied) and painted (by a somewhat local shop by the name of American Classic Restoration).

Can't express how pleased I am with the result! I've owned this car three different times (long story), and it has never performed this well!

Anyway, I just wanted to express a big "Thank You" to Dan for making the intercooler available, for all the research and time that he put into making this upgrade about as bolt on as possible (I mean almost to the bolt, lol), and for being so good about replying to my multiple questions throughout the process.

I'd also like to thank Chuck W. for the help in supplying information that allowed me to rebuild my wastegate and redo my exhaust system. I would have been stuck in several instances if he hadn't taken the time to reply to my questions via board and email.

Additionally, the parts suppliers that I dealt with were great. John at A.I.R. sent a quality hood scoop, Charlie at Evergreen is a magician, David White has developed a spot on wastegate rebuild kit, and John at American Classic Restoration did a great job of preparing and painting my hood. The color match was great and he did it based off the gas cap.

Finally, to anyone that ever posted or replied constructively to a thread on wastegate rebuild, turbo replacement, intercooler install, and/or manual boost controller set up--Thank you--I probably read it, and I really appreciate your insight!

I appreciate this resource. I like to do as much as I can on my own when it comes to a great many things, but I couldn't have completed the tasks mentioned without your help (and that of my brother, can't forget to mention him. He donated a whole day, from 8:30 am until 9:20 pm with one 20 min. break in between helping me get the turbo and exhaust back into the car).

Apologies for no pictures, from what I understand I have to have a third party site hold those in order to post on here and I don't have that set up at the moment. With that said, if in the future, anyone needs any help/advice about the jobs just performed, feel free to ask, I'm more than willing to pass on what I learned!

Greg
MikeJinCO  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!!! Having spent 3 years taking a car apart and putting it back together I know how you feel.

'67 MG Midget Dp
'71 Ocelot Dsr Kawasaki 1000(under rebuild)
GregSC  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some photos of the recently completed work!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: