Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

82 924 with Audi 4.2l
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golten951  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Time to work Reply with quote

Hey all sorry for no new updates. With being DoD and having extreme travel restrictions have not been about to do anything since my 924 is outside or travel radius. How ever, I did get the time to head up with approval since my Son was born around Sacramento about 30 miles from my Dads. Come this monday/tuesday I will have some production updates!
Golten951  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject: Calipers Reply with quote

Worked on my Calipers today, Base coat color is down, next will be all new hardware, bleed ports, and turning the letters Silver.

Golten951  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Caliper Progress Reply with quote

Made some more progress on my calipers. First coat on Paint applied to the Letters and markings.

Golten951  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject: Intake Manifold Reply with quote

Did some work on my 4.2L intake. The lower air gate was jammed to the shut position which ends up breaking the Actuator arm. Next I will be sealing the intake back up and the wrapping it up for transport back up to my Dad's place where my 924 is

Here is a Picture of how the gates actuate.
Golten951  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject: Headlights Reply with quote

Gathered my parts for my Xenon conversion. Using the A8 headlight system and will adapt them into a set up 7" standard type round headlights. I will use the H7 based highbeams for a set of lights that will be in the bumper.

Golten951  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Come the end of this Month I will be able to work on my 4.2L swap a lot more. Since my 924 will be in my possession and not sitting at my Dads house. Very excited to get working on her again. ! I will up date when I start. Have a HUGE list to do lol.
Golten951  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Headers Reply with quote

Worked on my Audi V8 headers for my 924 I still need two 3 to 2.5 reducers. they are just primed right now to keep some of the elements off the metal. They turned out pretty nice for mocking up on the car and then finishing off in my driveway. I used a header kit from Summit, then sliced the flanges off the stock A8 manifolds. They are not prefect. But will certainly do the job I need them to do.
Golten951  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I was able to do a little bit of work on my 924. I have the steering wheel and column set where I want. It will be electronically controlled for adjustment. Also gave my 924 a bit of a clean up after 5 years. Removed the 4 fog lights I had mounted to the bumper as well. going with a different idea for them. I will be Welding in brackets tomorrow to hard mount the steering column in place then I can work on the Brake and Clutch pedal.

Golten951  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: Progress! Reply with quote

Video Update https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsyBfX_9yOA&lc=UgxBNaaASdy1taFmRyt4AaABAg
Golten951  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

Got some more good progress done on my swap.
Pedal box is all set up and welded.
Steering column is in and all welded.
Put the Instrument cluster in place just for fun to see how it looks.
Put the intake manifold in place and spaced up since I needed to flip is 180 degrees from the normal set up. I rotated the throttle body as well to clear the hood. I need to have a 10mm space made for the throttle body to intake. really happy with it all!

Golten951  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

More good progress today on my 924 Audi V8.
Finished getting my brake pedal box tacked in place. Need to make a lid for it next. Put the coolant reservoir in plan where I want to set it up.battery is going into the drivers side cubby hole.
Test fitted my A8 instrument cluster into the 924 dash. Fit great after I cut material away lol. Reason for using all the A8 stuff like whole steering column, steering wheel and cluster is I have to complete interior, exterior and engine harness from the A8 I got the engine from. Will make the wiring a lot smoother on install VS trying to match up all the 80s wiring to the newer 2000s wiring. A8 steering wheel will either be blank or might make my own special emblem for it.

morghen  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant wait to see videos of this thing driving
Golten951  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
cant wait to see videos of this thing driving

I am doing much as possible happy to have the car close to me now instead of 350+ miles away
jazz guy  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Audi engine looks good in there! Very ambitious project. Looking forward to more updates.
Golten951  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazz guy wrote:
That Audi engine looks good in there! Very ambitious project. Looking forward to more updates.

Thank you much! The engine certainly matches the car. It is going to be heaps of fun. I will update as I go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: