Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Supercharged 924 NA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euro924S2 wrote:
Great work mate! The low down torque of the SC is it's best feature. It also makes it very predictable in the wet.

Keep the updates going!

Cedric, where did you find that article on the old SC kit? would love to read that if you have a link or higher quality image of the text?

just click/tap on the pictures and you'll go to a higher resolution picture.

Yeah, i love the instant response and low down torque. Loads of fun to drive...cant wait for the rain
gegge  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can´t wait for a group buy

924 turbo -81 Carrera GT RESTOMOD
924 turbo -80 Dolomite De Luxe
924 -85 DP kit, BBS RS, M030 and tuned engine
924s -86 Black on black turbo with Fuchs
Raize  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dyno soon?
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raceboy  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great project!

To Carrera RSR: there have been at leats three totally sleeper 924 projects that do not have widebody installed (my turbocharged 2.0, Pieter's (DutchPug) dark green with 968 engine and black with nearly 400 hp out of stock 924 2.0).
'78 924 Carrera GT replica
'84 928 S, sold
'91 944 S2, sold
'82 924S/931 "Gulf", sold
'84 924, turbocharged, sold.
http://www.facebook.com/vemsporsche
Cedric  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raceboy wrote:
Great project!

To Carrera RSR: there have been at leats three totally sleeper 924 projects that do not have widebody installed (my turbocharged 2.0, Pieter's (DutchPug) dark green with 968 engine and black with nearly 400 hp out of stock 924 2.0).

Don't forget one of the long-time bad ass cars in this gang. Joakims 450hp car, very well built engine, with track suspension and probably the widest tyre someone has stuffed under narrow fenders its fast on track! Narrow body ftw!

[img]https://www.bildtagg.se/file/thumb/shsun43w8ot5n53ud117jlr[/img]
Raceboy  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh of course!! His is the top car
'78 924 Carrera GT replica
'84 928 S, sold
'91 944 S2, sold
'82 924S/931 "Gulf", sold
'84 924, turbocharged, sold.
http://www.facebook.com/vemsporsche
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the target for the top narrowbody running CIS?

I ordered some more pieces the other day..
morghen  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fasteddie313 wrote:
What's the target for the top narrowbody running CIS?

I ordered some more pieces the other day..

You’re cheating

Managed to weld a bung for the wideband to go in today, also removed the old brake lines for the front end, flexible and fixed as i'll replace them with new ones tomorrow.

In the morning i did some shopping and driving around for errands in the 924.
So far it behaves nicely and its lovely to drive slower as well.

I wish you could implement on page video on this forum.
Peter can we raise some money for that?
https://youtu.be/9jFh8bkSkQo
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:

Surely that is just a box ticking exercise in the forum settings menu ??
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raceboy wrote:
Great project!

I wasn't referring to top fuel/bhp/power driven cars. No disrespect to those cars mentioned, but they do look heavily modified? I think Morghens car looks (near) stock, very pretty, as a normal 924 NA should look. Its not a fire breathing 924......so as a package, I think if its not #1, its certainly up there with the top cars. Maybe its just my eyes
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That supercharger, by the sound of that video, sounds like a whole different animal than a turbo car..

It sounds like it gets it right off the bottom where my turbo has always been like baawwww waiting to spool up..

Sounds real quick in tight spots or like autoX conditions..

I'm not really all that much for looks but morghen always has one of the top best looking cars, and this one is no exception..
He is a wizard with a camera too..
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrera RSR wrote:
morghen wrote:

Surely that is just a box ticking exercise in the forum settings menu ??

This should be a matter of adding a plugin a la https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2306906.

Carrera RSR wrote:
I think Morghens car looks (near) stock, very pretty, as a normal 924 NA should look. Its not a fire breathing 924......so as a package, I think if its not #1, its certainly up there with the top cars.

Not just your eyes...

@morghen this so so cool. I cannot wait til you're comfortable letting others try out this setup as you alluded to. I'd start shopping for a supercharger but I haven't the fab skills to create the connecting pieces like you did. How many iterations have you gone through at this point? At what point do you think you will have these parts printed/cut from metal?
morghen  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, all these years with the 924 have taught me some bits here and there.

Supercharger is indeed a whole different thing compared to turbo.
Now the top end is not even that interesting as there is plenty of grunt in the low and mid rpm range...more go at less drama.
Its fun on tight slow corners as you can slide it a bit, skid it a bit with the 195 tires i have on it.
Also so fun in the rain as you have that instant torque spike to break the traction and then pretty good control on power delivery.
I have yet to take it to the open road but i dont expect it to be much of a GT car or any kind of quick or interesting at higher speeds.

Just finished the AFR installation and will go for a log drive to see how it fuels in different conditions.

This 924 looks kind of factory indeed, someone who does not know how a 924 should look on the outside or in the engine bay cant tell that it has been messed with.
Using factory parts is a challenge and brings on several limitations on performance...but no limitations on how much fun you can have toying with those parts and driving the result.

I'm happy that its approved and appreciated as i also enjoy working on it and driving it.

There are currently 3 3D printed parts on the car ,one of which will be metal for sure, but the other two are fiberglass wrapped and so far they hold very well. 3D printing those out of metal is very expensive and the only other way to produce them out of metal would be to cast them in aluminium...thats an option i'll try to explore but if the composite solution works...i see no reason to invest in metal.
Raize  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read of a technique where you 3D print a model of your part in wax (with appropriate risers/etc) then use it for investment casting (coat it in resin, cure the resin, melt the wax out, fill the hollow resin with molten metal, allow to cool, break off resin, grind off risers, ta-da!). Eliminates the need for an expensive steel mould to create waxes. You might consider that for your metal parts - although I think the 3D printed plastics will be fine to be honest, you'll probably get detonation anyway before the intake air gets hot enough to melt them.

How did you route the wideband plug through the firewall? I have a wideband ready to go on my car in a few weeks when I finally finish with university but right now the only option I see is to drill a massive hole (not ideal) or cut the wires and have a bunch of individual connectors (not ideal).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: