Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Anyone know what these wires are?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bureau13  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:25 am    Post subject: Anyone know what these wires are? Reply with quote

I'm in the midst of a couple different jobs, but am stuck awaiting parts/tools for both of them, so I went down the rabbit hole of tracing my hack-job of a DITC replacement.

The summary is there is Ford Ranger distributor, with vacuum advance that is turned on/off with an EGR valve that is controlled by a relay. I'm not sure, however, what is triggering the relay. I'm going to rip it all out at some point and go with the Mittelmotor distributor, I think.

Anyway, here are some photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9wFPrvyFRQ18sjoz8

Specifically, check out where the light blue wire is going:

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/n1GoeUEBBUaXsWMM6[/img]

It is tapping off one of the white wires exiting that white connector. Anyone know what these wires are? The blue one goes up to the afore-mentioned relay, probably either power or the signal that triggers it.

Pretty sure nothing is working anyway, because the two black wires coming from the relay aren't connected to anything [/img][/quote][/url]
2007 Hummer H3 (Daily Driver)

Past lives (I miss them all):
2004 RX-8 (Wrecked)
1993 RX-7 (Sold)
1987 RX-7 Turbo II (Sold)
1985 RX-7 GSL (Stolen)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: